How to re-install a built-in asset ?

topkat59

Hello again... :wave:
I posted a question a few days ago about not being able to assign assets to a flat car in TRS12, and the final outcome I think was I need to find and remove the "Bad" assets (or products) in my routes listed in CM.
Well - I went a step further and re-loaded my copy of TRS10 with all the updates and everything so I could mess about and learn to correct things in it and not mess up my copy of TRS12 that I am using. so everything is going fine except I'm coming up with missing or defective assets showing up as the dreaded "un-known location". you know... the question mark ?
But the problem is they are built in assets ? For example: in TRS10 there is an asset named phhe0827h by blue sky interactive, with a kuid of 2:151900:500521:1 (this is what I want to get rid of so I can Re-install it) that is listed on download station as 2:151900:500521:2 .
So bottom line question is how do you remove a built in asset that shows up as an unknown location to other assets so you can re-install a good copy of it from DLS ?
that way it wont show up as a missing asset in other parts of CM.
thanks much ! I'm learning much but still have more to go :hehe:
Allen.

If it's a built-in asset, try reverting it to original. Built-in assets cannot be reinstalled apart from reinstalling Trainz completely.

Shane

If it's a built-in asset, try reverting it to original. Built-in assets cannot be reinstalled apart from reinstalling Trainz completely.

Shane

I went into CM and tried but reverting is not an option. it probably because it is still the original version of the asset so there is nothing to revert back to. I have reverted items back before but doesn't show up here.
Allen.

Are you talking about a builtin asset in TRS2010 that also appears on DLS, or a TS12 builtin?

Bear in mind there was a massive cleanout of TRS2010 builtins and these were uploaded to DLS, warts and all.

Thus if it is an asset that is not in TS12, but is an ex-TRS2010 builtin on the DLS, then you should DL from DLS and repair if necessary.

You cannot delete a builtin either good, obsolete or out of date, but the obsoletion process with a few exceptions should take care of using the latest version in the game.

I think that the asset version that I was trying to fix "among others" was a later version than what comes stock with TRS10. What I did was re-installed TRS10 two different times today with the same results. I updated it to build-49933 with a CM version of 3.3; all works fine but needs about 1400 updates. so I go through the process of setting everything back up and I then download a cmp file into DM. the file is the Erie Northern route by chuck bright. and when I load up all the dependencies for it, it tells me that one of the dependencies is missing ! the dependency (from above) is KUID2:151900:500521:2 but the TRS10 has KUID2:151900:500521:1 already installed. when I look up the missing dependencies in erie northern with CM it lists the KUID2:151900:500521:2 version as "un-known location" with the ? mark on it, but when I go to down load station I can plainly see it there. and CM wont down load it.
So i can't get rid of the installed KUID2:151900:500521:1 version and can't install the new version KUID2:151900:500521:2 from down load station. (snif... snif.... wimper !)
but i'm still trying to figure a way through this.........
Allen

Allen,

I've seen this issue before, but I can't remember how to fix it. Now that we know what the problem is, I'm sure someone here can help you. :)

John

Allen,

I've seen this issue before, but I can't remember how to fix it. Now that we know what the problem is, I'm sure someone here can help you. :)

John
Thanks.. i'll keep checking this for a few days and see if something comes up.:)
Allen.

I downloaded it some time ago in TS12 so not sure how I did it.

Suggest in TS12 CM search filter

Author #151900

This will show all that kuid group including obsoletes and where they are.

It should show :1 as obsolete and :2 as local neither is builtin.

You don't by any chance have the TRS2010 builtin JAs installed in TS12 as this gave no end of trouble when they first did the upload.

If one or neither asset is in your TS12, go to online DLS and download from there. You can try via the helper option or DL it as a cdp and use the CM file import as cdp function.

NO.. what I have is a new install of TRS10 upgraded to build 49933 with a built in asset named phhe0827h by blue sky interactive, with a kuid of 2:151900:500521:1 And the erie northern that i then install has a missing asset of 2:151900:500521:2. And when I list it in CM it says that the :2 version is an asset of un-known location; Even though I can find it on down load station with a manual look up. Then when I try to download it off of DLS it no go.......:'(
but you did give me an idea up there.. i'll try to just down load the .cdp file and do a manual load... i'll see if I can't do something like that.
Allen.

yep !! that worked out. I went to DLS and manually looked up the asset and downloaded the .cdp file. the used CM to download the .cmp file..:D
now it doesn't show up as a missing asset in erie northern any more.
again.. thanks for the nudge in the right direction... learning new things all the time..
Allen.

Back