How to make a long-focus view screenshot?

Hi, Everyone. I found some long-focus view screenshots like below in some other threads.
0b355758e48b06e520032796a0dd65fb.jpg
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/0b355758e48b06e520032796a0dd65fb.jpg
I wanna know how to make a screenshot like this(it looks like taken by the trackside)? How to achieve the "long-focus view" effect?
Thank you.:p

You have to put an invisible traincar on invisible tracks at your desired spot and use cabview camera to zoom-in in Driver. A PITA if I'm honest. Hope this functionality gets built into all camera modes in both Driver and Surveyor in T2.

You can also use roaming view (key 4). It needs a little experimentation since going from outside view (key 2) to roaming view lowers the viewpoint.

You can also use roaming view (key 4). It needs a little experimentation since going from outside view (key 2) to roaming view lowers the viewpoint.
There is a difference though.

Free roaming view (key 4) and External view (key 2) will simply track the camera view over the terrain when rolling the mouse wheel. It does not increase the long focus view.

However, the mouse wheel in Cab view (key 1) will provide a true zoom effect magnifying the viewed image by around x10 without the viewpoint changing. That's how the effect in the OP image has been achieved. It like having a powerful pair of binoculars to view your landscape.

You may need to add this line to your trainzoptions.txt file:

-freeintcam

I agree with nicky9499, it would be good to have this effect in T2 on all views, and be able to place all cameras/views as smoothly as you can now when adjusting the positioning when using the -freeintcam option.

I found out recently that if you press the shift key while adjusting the camera height, you can move it in tiny increments to get just the height you want like being at a passenger's head height instead of sitting on the platform.

I wonder if you could adjust the FOV values of the camera to give a tighter or wider FOV.

This would be a cool option in T2 if this is possible.

John

You can input the numeral surveyorfov=35 up to @ surveyorfov=180 (which is extremely wide angle fish eyed), as can you in cabinfov= , and driverfov=

Most people go no higher than =80

Last edited:
Back