how to download trainz dependences????!!!!????!!!!

ewses

i have been trying to do this for 8 months now GET the dependences. i have asked people how to do it. i just get lost on what to do. i need a step by step list that some one can help me out with please!!!!!

What exact item are you trying to download ? In the CMP there are 2 box's: errors or dependencies...what exactly is missing ? "Edit in Explorer"...most times you can edit an entire config file line out, or edit out just the offending words, re-commit the item, and the asset now works, other times you have to search hard on Google, and through forum members, to find a missing dependency. Sometimes (rarely) a depencency can not be found, but that is rare. We need details....details...details in order to help you.
http://publish.uwo.ca/~gerard/trainz/tutorials/Downloading/downloading.html

Last edited:
With 06 it is fairly simple.

Open Content Manager.

Place the item you have missing dependencies in the download helper.

Wait until the ? mark is gone along side the asset.

Press start. It should download dependecies found on the DLS.

Finding dependencies not located on DLS involves Google and some detective work by yourself.

Hello Ewses,

This may be a little extreme in the step-by-step department but......

- From the desktop or from the start menu select TRS2006, this will open the launcher window showing the 8 buttons,
- Select "Manage Content", this will bring up content manager. Be patient, it could take quite some time to start if the database has to be re-built. Pressing the escape key can get you past the rebuild but can cause problems locating items so please, do not bypass the rebuild.
- If the item you want is not shown, search for the item as follows:
- - Reset the current search to clear the fields,
- - Select "Location" then "Local"
- - Click the + button to add new search field and select "has missing dependencies"
- - Click "Apply"
- In the "Assets" pane, select (LMB) the item you want to locate the missing dependencies for,
- Now with the mouse still over the selected item, use the Right Mouse Button to bring up the interactive menu and select "View Dependencies"
- A new window will appear listing all dependencies for the asset, record any kuids with question marks beside them.
- open a new internet explorer window and go to google (www.google.ca) or .com if you prefer and in the search box type the full kuid of the missing dependency and search for it. Read through all information returned in the search and select the best solution.
- If by chance the item can not be found with this search, modify the search so it looks just for the user portion (the first set of numbers after kuid: or kuid2:) This should bring up reference to the creator of the asset and hopefully a link to a private (personal) web site where you may be able to obtain the item in question.
- If this still fails, post the exact kuid of the missing dependency with the kuid (and name if possible) of the asset needing the dependency on these forums and hopefully someone will then be able to point you to the missing item.
- Once located - download the item and import it into the game.

Hope this gives the step-by-step you were looking for.

Bricey

HELP!!!!!!

My content manager is on the fritz!
I can't download anything, and it doesn't come up when I open it using the trainz launcher. just so you know, I use trs2006.:( :n: :confused: ( sorry I like smilies, thats why I have so many.).

Back