How do you get to PE SP5?

johnwhelan

The installer is for SP4 and the patch installer displays something about a .txt file not found.

Thanks John

Hi John,

Is your version of TRS19 purchased from Trainz Store or Steam?
If purchased from Steam, you should had been able to download the update to SP5 without too much hassle.
Since Steam will not let you play the game until it's been updated.

If purchased via Trainz Store.
In theory, it should be found under Product Downloads or My Digital Downloads via MyTrainz? I'm not 100% certain though!
Someone could correct me on this ;)

If purchased via Trainz Store.
In theory, it should be found under Product Downloads or My Digital Downloads via MyTrainz? I'm not 100% certain though!
Someone could correct me on this ;)
Me too. Right now it shows Retail TRS22 PE Edition Build 123801 (I'm not sure what SP 5 is) at Product Downloads.
My Digital Downloads only show corresponding links.

Me too. Right now it shows Retail TRS22 PE Edition Build 123801 (I'm not sure what SP 5 is) at Product Downloads.
My Digital Downloads only show corresponding links.
SP5 is a service pack build for TRS19. I think TRS22 is SP2 or SP3 now, not really sure as I don't really bother checking LOL

Depending on your OS - Windows, MacOS or Steam - the following are the latest builds for TRS22/Trainz Plus

Build 123794Retail Trainz+ (Windows)
Build 123797Retail TRS22 SP3/TRS22 PE (Mac)
Build 123798Retail TRS22 SP3 (Mac App Store)
Build 123799Retail TRS22 SP3/TRS22 PE (Steam Windows)
Build 123800Retail Trainz+ (Steam Windows)
Build 123801Retail TRS22 SP3/TRS22 PE (Windows)
Build 123844Retail Trainz+ (Mac)
Build 123845Retail Trainz+ (Steam Mac)

The following are the latest builds for TRS19

Build 114841SP4 Mac
Build 114863SP4 Steam (Windows)
Build 116678SP5 Platinum (Windows)
Build 117009SP5 hotfix 1 (Windows)
Build 117026SP5 Steam (Windows)

The full list can be found at Build_Numbers

Product downloads and digital downloads only has build 114800 which is SP4.

So any suggestions on how to get 116678?

TS22 doesn't cut it as some changes were made so the session I'm interested no longer works.

Thanks John

Last edited:
@ZecMurphy Zec, do you think you could help with this one please? I was trying to suggest to contact support, but it seems to me that the support link isn't working correctly either! Error message from support link

Uncaught Exception
Replace Query: in ./__swift/library/Database/class.SWIFT_Database.php:1178

Thanks in advance :)

Product downloads and digital downloads only has build 114800 which is SP4.

So any suggestions on how to get 116678?
The same document I quoted above lists the following for TRS19
Build 114800auto-patch to 116678

so it should be the automatic patch system which activates when the launcher is started.

The same document I quoted above lists the following for TRS19
Build 114800auto-patch to 116678

so it should be the automatic patch system which activates when the launcher is started.
patch.webp

Any more suggestions?

Thanks John

Hi John
This generally indicates that either something on your computer is blocking/interfering with the installer (ie it cannot replace the file with the updated one), or the installation has corrupt/damaged data (ie due to a previous patch attempt), or similar.

The first step I would suggest is double checking that any security programs/settings are allowing the installer to run correctly.

Please also check that there is plenty of space on the drive to patch Trainz, as the patcher will need to both download/unpack the install files, and then update Trainz itself.

Regards

Hi John
This generally indicates that either something on your computer is blocking/interfering with the installer (ie it cannot replace the file with the updated one), or the installation has corrupt/damaged data (ie due to a previous patch attempt), or similar.

The first step I would suggest is double checking that any security programs/settings are allowing the installer to run correctly.

Please also check that there is plenty of space on the drive to patch Trainz, as the patcher will need to both download/unpack the install files, and then update Trainz itself.

Regards
This is happening on two different computers. There is 5 TB free of disk space on one and a good 500 mb free on the other.

Cheerio John

Using a clean machine, ie one that has never had Trainz installed on it before, installed TS19 PE, then two patches installed quite happily taking it to build 117009 which was labelled as a hotfix. The other two machines had TS22 installed which may have complicated things. Anyway I only want it for testing and I can do that with integrated graphics so I'm happy and content.

Thanks John

Using a clean machine, ie one that has never had Trainz installed on it before, installed TS19 PE, then two patches installed quite happily taking it to build 117009 which was labelled as a hotfix. The other two machines had TS22 installed which may have complicated things. Anyway I only want it for testing and I can do that with integrated graphics so I'm happy and content.

Thanks John
Just curious! Is your user data shared between both TRS19 and TRS22? I'm wondering if that could be a probable cause

Just curious! Is your user data shared between both TRS19 and TRS22? I'm wondering if that could be a probable cause
No separate folders. The TS19 was a fresh install to test something in a session that worked in TANE but didn't seem to work in TS22. I wanted to get to SP5 purely for testing.

Cheerio John

I wanted to get to SP5 purely for testing.
I'm not sure if that's possible to obtain SP5 for testing as a separate installation of TRS19.

Like with all games and other types of payware software it all comes with a standard license which is generally for one-time-use on a single computer 'of course, you can upgrade computers over time and still use that same license'.

I'm not sure if that's possible to obtain SP5 for testing as a separate installation of TRS19.

Like with all games and other types of payware software it all comes with a standard license which is generally for one-time-use on a single computer 'of course, you can upgrade computers over time and still use that same license'.
You can install multiple versions of trainz on multiple machines provide you don't run more than one copy at once. If you create content you need them for testing your content, that is if you care about the different versions that people run.

Cheerio John

Back