HELP... i am getting errors.. can someone help out??

hyper_kameo

HELP!!!!

for some reason i am getting these errors and i don't know why everything was fine up untill today

Error: The asset specified in 'enginesound' is not of the correct type.
Warning: The kuid '<kuid:349523:1159>' is not in the database, and could not be found in any known location, ensure that this is a valid asset.
Warning: The kuid '<kuid:349523:1159>' is not in the database, and could not be found in any known location, ensure that this is a valid asset.

ngt bog,<kuid:260013:50022> is also telling me
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by CCP. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content ta307wdj12\ngt_bog.pm'
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'content ta307wdj12\ngt_bog_shadow\ngt_bog_shadow.pm'

you can ignore the mesh one, its perhaps it was made for an earlier version of trainz and your version picks it up as an error when in fact it's fine.
the engine sound one i'm not sure about. why a bog has one is confusing, i take it this bog is boggy ground? if so i would delete that from the config file. Someone no doubt will say different but that's my opinion.

Yeah its a bogey, from ptram site and ive download the tram with that name but its still showing error.

here is the config file

kuid <kuid:260013:50022>

obsolete-table
{
}
description "ngt_bog"
trainz-build "2.0"
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "PL"
category-era-0 "2000"
asset-filename "ngt_bog"
kind "bogey"
username "ngt_bog"
author "Piotr K"
organisation "PTram"
contact-email "ptram@za.pl"
contact-website "http://www.ptram.rwi.pl"
license "Free for private use."

kuid-table
{
}

Yeah its a bogey, from ptram site and ive download the tram with that name but its still showing error.

here is the config file

obsolete-table
{
}
description "ngt_bog"
trainz-build "2.0"
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "PL"
category-era-0 "2000"
asset-filename "ngt_bog"
kind "bogey"
username "ngt_bog"
author "Piotr K"
organisation "PTram"

kuid-table
{
}

The fix is very simple.

1. Start CM2
  2. Open the asset in Explorer.
  3. Double-click on the config.txt file.
  4. Look for the line that says kind "bogey"
  5. Cut the line using Ctrl-C or select Edit and then cut from the menu.
  6. Paste the line outside the { } brackets using Ctrl-V on the keyboard or Edit then paste from the menu.
  7. Save the Config.txt file.
  8. Close the explorer window
    Commit the asset by highlighting it in CM2 and then pressing Ctrl-M on the keyboard, or by Edit then Commit on the menu.
The fix will take less time than it took me to type this out. I've fixed several hundred of these things so far since I received my copy of TS2009 in December. These little errors will cause assets to fail in TS2009 even though they loaded okay in the older versions of Trainz.

Hope this helps.

John

here is the config file

obsolete-table
{
}
description "ngt_bog"
trainz-build "2.0"
category-class "AC"
category-region-0 "PL"
category-era-0 "2000"
asset-filename "ngt_bog"
kind "bogey"
username "ngt_bog"
author "Piotr K"
organisation "PTram"

kuid-table
{
}

Actually I think the problem is that the category-class AC is, according to my 2004 CCG, only for AC Electric motive power. A bogey should have category-class ZB

Bricey (Brian)

Last edited:
Back