Help Configuring an ATI 6850 / Blurry Images

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi Everyone,

I am having some weird issues configuring my video card and I'm beginning to realize it's beyond me to figure out. It's my first ATI card and I was wondering if some kind folks here could help me. Would love to hear from anyone running an ATI 6850 what their settings are. :)

I'm wondering, how can I fix the blurred parts around these cars? See images below (Frame rates around 60 FPS):

As you can see, I've upped the settings (have rebooted trainz with these settings but still no dice).

My original approach was to try to experiment with my settings to get the best look by upping them and then setting a balance between performance and looks. I kept upping them but they don't seem to be working?

The AMD VISION Engine Control Center is the most recent, and in the gaming section, every option has "use application settings" ticked off, or is set to high quality, so trainz should be following what trainz is telling it right?

I've tested it and compatibility or native mode doesn't matter with the effect I'm seeing above. I've seen it with other cars in the distance too.

In option from the trainz settings (splash screen)

Display Mode - Direct X (Figured Open GL is best for NVidia)
Display resolution - 1024 x 768
bit depth - 32 bit depth
full screen clicked
aspect ratio - auto detect
anti alias mode - 4

System specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
8 GB RAM
Direct X 11
AMD Phenom X4 965 ~ 3.4 GHz
Creative SB X_Fi soundcard
Hanns G HZ281H monitor.
Two HD's, trainz on one, Windows on another, both recently defragged and optimized.

As I mentioned before, my vid card is an ATI 6850
1 GB, DDR5 (not overclocked and plenty cooled)

Any input on what I'm doing wrong, or how I should optimize the settings for this card? I know the card is nowhere near top of the line, but I am hoping it can do better than what I'm seeing so far and want to use it to it's full potential...

Using TRS 2010 fully patched as well.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Moire patterns, I don't think it's possible to get rid of them.

It's caused by fine lines on the passenger cars, and when viewed at different angles cause those patterns to emerge.

Thanks for your reply WilliamOd0. I figured that might be another explanation. It actually seemed worse when using Open GL but I didn't test it extensively. I'll let that go then.

Anyone here using an ATI 6850? I would like to hear how others have configured it for trainz...

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Back