Hello fellow Eagle Scouts!

picture

To the mods: Yes I know this has nothing to do with Trainz but I do know that there are a few Eagle Scouts that are Trainzers, so please do not delete this thread.

To the Eagle Scouts in the Trainz community: I passed my Eagle Board of Review last night at approximately 8pm PST. The Board said afterwards that they feel I'm very qualified for the rank of Eagle. It has taken me six years to achieve Eagle Scout from when I first joined Boy Scouts back in March 29, 2004. In that time, I have learned what it means to be a scout and I have learned resbonsiblity and leadership. The skills I have learned as a Scout will carry on with me for the rest of my life. However I am not done yet as I still have many months before my 18th birthday so I will continue to be an Junior Assistant Scoutmaster for my troop and when I turn 18 I will continue to help my troop and local scouting community by serving as an Assistant Scoutmaster. So with that I say hello to my fellow Eagle Scouts.

To others in the Trainz community: Please do not leave negative comments in this thread as it takes much perseverance, hard work, dedication, and integrity to become an Eagle Scout as the others can tell you. It is recorded that only two percent of all scouts will ever make Eagle, so I feel very honored to achieve this high rank.

-Matt

Congrats! I gave up at Weblos or however it is said/pronounced:hehe: I throw in the towel at that point...It just became to repetitive and boring.

But overall congrats on your accomplishment, my dad made it that far to.:wave:

Matt
Congratulations to you. I received my rank of Eagle Scout in 1968, but I can remember it like it was yesterday and so will you after so many years pass. Many scouts set their goal to be an Eagle Scout, but so very few actually follow through. You are to be congratulated for your dedication. The qualities that you exemplified to achieve this accomplishment will serve you well through life.

Mike

Congrats man....Im also one and got that done with when I was still 14 years old. Never have really had the time for scouting since but it was fun while it lasted. Ended up doing a trip to the National Jamboree in Fort AP Hill in 1996 and Philmont Scount Ranch for a 109 mile hike over 10 days in the same year.

Hell of a great time...and something I'll probably never do again!

Congratulations, Matt! I received my Eagle scouhood in 1958. I 'enlisted' in Scouting in 1953 up in Fairbanks, AK and received Eagle in Washington, DC five years later. I can still remember the ceremony that accompanied it. I worked hard for it.

Bill

Thank you to all of you. I never realized there were this many Eagle Scouts here.

@yutzk: I'm going to the National Jamboree this year for Boy Scouts of America's Centenial. It was my goal to go as an Eagle and here I am! Also our Council Jamboree flaps this year have a train theme! Its pretty cool. This is also the last year they are going to do the Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill! From now on it will be at a permenant location in W. Virginia. The way it sounds is a former scouter donated all the land for a permenant Jamboree location.

@Bill: My mom is already working hard to plan my ceremony. It is going to be a joint ceremony with me best friend who got his Eagle two weeks ago. However we are going to wait until after I get back from the National Jamboree so that the invities will have more of a heads up.

Matt

Congratulations Matt!

I don't know much about Scouts. I'm not one myself, but my Dad was. From all of the responses I've seen here, it must be a pretty big deal. The feeling of success and achievement is one that never gets old. Good luck to you in the future!

Steve :wave:

Congrats on getting Eagle!

Question: Did you do the Railroading merit badge?

Dave
Railroading Merit Badge Counselor

Congratulations from a Life scout. Almost made Eagle but then discovered girls, or more accurately one discovered me. ;)

Congrats on getting Eagle!

Question: Did you do the Railroading merit badge?

Dave
Railroading Merit Badge Counselor

I don't know about Matt getting the RR merit badge, but I happen to teach it at an annual training session here in Middle Tennessee.
Mike

Yes of course I got the Railroading merit badge!:hehe: My dad was the Merit Badge Couselor. Before we started he asked "Are you ready to begin?" I replied "Ready? Im sure I earned this merit badge before I joined Boy Scouts when I was three." My dad and I had a good laugh over that one.

@SuperFudd: I have never really had much luck with girls. My last girlfriend had to break up with me when her dad said she couldn't have boyfriend until she is a junior in high school and this recently happened too. Another downside is she moves to Oregon in August:(. We were only together for four days but it has been the best county fair ever. (We both raise animals for our local FFA chapter)

Ok, Simulatortrain, I have to ask, what three merit badges to do you have left. I had Personal Fitness, Family Life, and Communications left and I finished them a few days before my project started.

I don't know about Matt getting the RR merit badge, but I happen to teach it at an annual training session here in Middle Tennessee.
Mike

Curious where do you teach yours at as when I counsel they have 2 choices either I go to them (ie their place) or they can come to me (ie: Illinois Railway Museum up in Union, IL :) )

Yes of course I got the Railroading merit badge!:hehe: My dad was the Merit Badge Couselor. Before we started he asked "Are you ready to begin?" I replied "Ready? Im sure I earned this merit badge before I joined Boy Scouts when I was three." My dad and I had a good laugh over that one.

Did you use a museum to do your merit badge or did you use a model railroad display or something similar?

Last edited:
Curious where do you teach yours at as when I counsel they have 2 choices either I go to them (ie their place) or they can come to me (ie: llinois Railway Museum up in Union, IL :) )

I do my counseling at Camp Boxwell on Old Hickory Lake just outside of Nashville at an annual Merit Badge week.

Mike

Well I was a Lieutenant then a Captain in The Boys' Brigade (mostly in the British Commonwealth & UK) and which helped start the Scouts in 1907 by supplying boys for the Brownsea Island experiment by Baden-Powell. We pre-empted the Scouts having been formed in 1883 here in Glasgow and indeed camped before them too. I came across a BB man here some time back who got in touch and would be equally interested to know if there are any BB or ex-BB Boys here on the Trainz community.

good job man! my dad says i need to get my eagle before i can drive. isnt there one class after eagle though? i heard somewhere there was but i dont remember where. nice job! employers like that too as ive been told....:D

Hello, Im actually part of the Scouts Australia and Id like to brag that Im going to 2011 World Jamboree in Sweden! :p:D
Very nice. I don't know of anyone in our area who is attending that.
good job man! my dad says i need to get my eagle before i can drive. isnt there one class after eagle
though? i heard somewhere there was but i; dont remember where. nice job! employers
like that too as ive been told....:D
No. Eagle is the final step. You may however continue to earn merit badges until your 18th birthday to receive eagle palms. But that is what my dad said. Eagle first driving second. Not that I'm in any rush to drive but it would be nice. Lol

Back