HDR? In MY Trainz?

RooRocz

This space for rent.
So I found this interesting mod for GTASA: ENBSeries. This adds a decent amount of effects to the game, including fake HDR, bloom, motion blur, etc. The neat thing about it is that it works for almost all DirectX games. Here's what it did for Trainz (keep in mind that there is absolutely no post processing in these images, except resizing.)

Freight rail- normal...
trainz2008-05-1010-21-15-87.jpg

and with ENBSeries effects:
trainz2008-05-1010-21-20-06.jpg

North East Corridor- normal...
trainz2008-05-1010-33-58-73.jpg

and with ENBSeries effects:
trainz2008-05-1010-34-01-92.jpg

It's actually very easy on FPS- I didn't notice a significant decrease. Then again I have an 8800GT.

You dont play a racing sim called Live For Speed by chance ?

Been using it on that game for ages =P

The only problem is the settings in your screenies are FAR to bright, they need to be toned down abit

Gangsta

Thats pretty cool, will have to check it out. Some good mods/add ons were made for GTASA, i had fun with the multiplayer application, even though it was hopeless and stupid. Looking forward to the new one on the PC.

Jonny

Hey RooRocz, long time no see. For me anyway.:wave:

That is some cool screenshots you got there. I like the idea...but the screens to me look a bit fake, or more to say, overexagerated.:confused:

Thanks for sharing though, it just doesn't look like the thing for me.

Cheers,
Adam

For those who feel the pics look "exagerated".

Once the files are downloaded, look for a windows config file called "enbseries", and open it with notepad (or other suitable text editor).

If there is a warning, click ok.

In here are the settings for the modification, you can tweak the settings as much as you like, to tone down the effects.

BACKUP!! BACKUP!! BACKUP!! If you are going to tweak the files !

Gangsta.

EDIT: May i ask where you have placed the files ? i dumped mine in the TRS2006 main folder & nothing has happened ? :S

Last edited:
not really impressed, the images just look washed out, not more realistic, of course trs lighting is totally unrealistic in the first place.

not really impressed, the images just look washed out, not more realistic, of course trs lighting is totally unrealistic in the first place.
Would you please pay attention to what Gangsta_Boi is saying? I don't know how to configure this thing yet, but I'm working on a set of settings that will work well for Trainz.

I went to that site and there are like seven different things to download. Which one do I want for TRS? And, once I have it, how do I use it?

I placed the files in the "Bin" and "Settings" folders in the Trainz folder.

Seems to work here :)

If you do want to have the effect, but wish to turn it off for a short period of time, press Shift+Backspace to enable/disable the effect. It will default to "On" everytime you start Trainz.

Hope this helps !
Gangsta.

Back