Good routes to mimic the Grand Canyon Railway?

BrianPacos

Creator, BMP Trainz
I am trying to make a "model" (not prototypical, but an imaginative version of) the Grand Canyon Railway and am currently looking for routes that best mimic the basic look of the GCRy that I can add to (such as the South Rim, Williams depot, etc.). Any ideas out there? I've looked at Mojave Sub and Cajon Pass which both fit perfectly in terms on scenery, but they're too "mountainous" to match the flat look of the GCRy. Thanks in advance, Trainz community!

I was watching a You Tube video on the Grand Canyon that looks like a great route to model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpcJ6jJlz6o

If anyone has comes up with this or something similar, I would really like to see it. I spent a lot of time in Colorado years ago when I had relatives living in Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Denver. Still have fond memories of those days.

I do have a base route set up for the Grand Canyon Railway. Trackwork‘s actually all done, just needs scenery now and someone to help out with it! :p

I thought there was a DEM for that by fishlipsatwork but most of his larger DEM's were off DLS on his site and his site is gone and it is accessible on Wayback archive but not all the downloads work.

I thought there was a DEM for that by fishlipsatwork but most of his larger DEM's were off DLS on his site and his site is gone and it is accessible on Wayback archive but not all the downloads work.
I have them all. I saved them before the site completely crashed.

I installed a route into Trainz-Plus and this one installed fine to looked at his license.

"This file is free. If you use it and distribute it, them (sic) just give me credit for making it."

If others think it's okay, I'll put them up on my One Drive. I make no guarantees that the files are good since there was some data-corruption with some in the past.

John do you have the one called Woodbridge (NJ)? On wayback the file doesn't exist. I think it's the southern half of the Port Jervis line from Suffern, NY to Hoboken, NJ. I only have the northern part from Suffern to Port Jervis and to Binghamton, NY. It should be ok to upload them to One Drive. He gave his ok. The whole purpose of blank DEM's is to make your own route.

John do you have the one called Woodbridge (NJ)? On wayback the file doesn't exist. I think it's the southern half of the Port Jervis line from Suffern, NY to Hoboken, NJ. I only have the northern part from Suffern to Port Jervis and to Binghamton, NY. It should be ok to upload them to One Drive. He gave his ok. The whole purpose of blank DEM's is to make your own route.
I don't have that one.

Since you think the same as I do, I'm going to upload the complete folder I have to my One Drive so anyone can download the files as they wish. As I said, I don't guarantee the quality or viability of the cdps.

Back