GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Here they are in game. Wrong trucks, as I haven't finished them, but you get the idea.

2024-01-26-230042.jpg

Yesterday I decided to return to a project that I had abandoned years ago since I now have a model on my desk that I can use for reference. I'm not the greatest at curves but for what I have managed to do. The curves were a P A I N. Hopefully this will still serve as a slight upgrade over the old Conny model hopefully like my RTL III turboliners the model will have ARN and be reskinnable along with a release of the source skp files under a Creative Commons Attribution licence.
image.png

Progress... Unlike my previous models I am trying to detail this as much as I can, one of the details I typically used to omit were things like windshield wipers... Reason I chopped half off is because once I finish modelling all the symmetric parts I can copy and paste this half to make the other half, then begin to detail the things that are not symmetrical.
image.png

I hope I'm not spamming this thread with all the progress shots I keep posting. Now focused on rooftop details and laying groundwork for some texturing.
image.png
Oh please by all means continue! I am currently working on some kawasaki MARC III cars. They would look great together when compleated!

image.png

Thanks, although I'm planning to apply the Amtrak livery on the initial release but I am trying to get the textures to try and make it as "reskin friendly" as possible and since I'm releasing it under a free license, feel free to reskin to MARC.

ik it isn't a lot changed from the one i thought i finished only a few months ago but the improvements i have done have made a whole world of difference and im unbelievably happy that i have gotten better at modeling
list of changes include new bell placement, add ions of new bolts on the ditch plate and brake wheel, new MU & air lines, higher detail sand caps and headlights to make them no longer 2 cylinders with a rectangle on top, rounded off edges around the cab and rear of long hood, new grab irons and many geometry fixes across the locomotive to make it more optimized for trainz
everyday that goes by working on the BQ23-7 makes me more hopeful that the release date may be here faster then i thought
image.png

Thought I'd update you on my HHP-8 project. I've managed to get it in-game and literally just now I managed to set up alpha numbers. This is where IMEditor comes in handy since it can rename textures/materials where normally you'd be stuck with all the "rtm_xxxx" names that RubyTMIX generates on export.
2024-03-08-173718.jpg
Again texturing was a PITA for this. All I really have left to do is to refine the positions of the attachment points and then add a script for ARN and marker/tail lights.

Back