Ghost Car

funnnyfarm

I wanted to use the Invisible Horn Sequence. I also wanted to know if the sequence would change in different speeds. So I put a long track down and tried it. And it dose. My problem is when I went to delete the track. It makes the sound when you try to delete a tack with a car on it. But there are no cars on the track. But when I zoom way out there is a car on the track. A ghost car. How do I get rid of it? Thanks funnnyfarm

Ive had trains not come off tracks due to landscape. And that is exactly how I ended up removing them, changing the track height.

Try to raise and lower the track. if you curve or raise the track in a way that forces the train to derail.... it is automatically removed after a period of time...

Last edited:
There is a much easier way to get rid of ghost cars, without wrecking your track or upsetting your terrain. In surveyor place a loco on the track just a short distance from the ghost car, slide the loco along the track with the move tool until it couples to the car, then delete the whole consist with the delete consist tool. This only works if the ghost car is on the track, in T;ANE you can end up with ghost cars and locos away from the track.

Cheers,
Bill69

Ghost Car 2

I recently started a thread in General Trainz called “Ghost Cars”. I received help from Tine and Bill69 and I really appreciate all the help I can get. And I tried both suggestions, with no results. I think I found out how I created my ghost cars. I put a train on the tracks by using “Trains F7” tab and then getting the train I want in “Train mode C”. And then placing it on the tracks. Here is were my ghost cars come from. When I am done with the train I try to delete it by using the “Delete Consist D”. But I am not in “Train Mode C, I am in Vehicle Mode T” and try to delete the train that way. One car is deleted (this will be my ghost car) and then I notice my mistake and go to “Train Mode C” and as soon as I do that the train is gone. And I am left with a ghost car. I hope I explained it so you can understand what I did. Is there a way to delete this ghost car? Thanks for all the Fun. funnnyfarm

I have a similar problem with a switcher.
I changed the position of the track on the route, but forgot to move the switcher in the test session.
The loco is invisible, can see it in map and can hear it. But cannot remove it
Cheers,
Mike

I put a locomotive on the same track as the ghost car. Then went into drive, the locomotive rolled past the ghost car like it wasn't there. But now everybody knows when you go to delete a train make sure you are in "Train Mode C" not "Vehicle Mode T". I guess I am stuck with ghost cars. Thanks funnnyfarm

Hi funnnyfarm!! Maybe I can help you out here.. Just Maybe... When I try to color my route/map in surveyor.. and I find the texture good enough to be in several areas after some painting, I use copy/paste tool.. I have only reached to TS12 but I am sure it´s in TANE too..
Try to copy a place beside the track you have the ghost train on.. It should be a large area, and then you paste it over the track you have the ghost train on and then see if the train is gone.. you can disable everything but the tracks.. and check it out later..
I had a similar problem in TS12 ..8 grain cars I couldn´t remove.. It fixed my problems!!
Good luck!!
Regards
bigingo

Pics from my route/map in TS12
30700455361_c56170b500_h.jpg

30901024985_3b00214893_h.jpg

Last edited:
Bigingo nice route, is it on the DSL. I tried as you said, it didn't work. I do get a new error though "Error: Cannot paste here as the targeted area contains objects or track that are in a locked layer ()." But thanks for the help

Hi again funnnyfarm!!
Ok!!
I have not out of resources yet.. if this not work I don´t what to do!! But if it work, prepare you for some loss of route.. this I have tested to... -You can... "If" you are willing to lose a hole square, a hole section (ground) ..this will be the ultimate challange for you..
-You can always.. "If" you have "autosave" on and ca: 30 min - 1 hour interval (like I do), "load" the "autosave route" go back and see how you have done the area (with the ghost train), how you have structure the map/route.. and jump out and load your original route with the deleted section!!
Best is to see, (maybe zoom out ) so your not will be surprised how much you lose in the deleted section!!

But this is how you can proceed!!

-Load your route.. and be sure that the same route is in "autosave"
-Delete the section.. (point the mouse maybe in that area there you have the problem with the ghost train) and save the route manually to the org. route ..not on your autosave.. -Important, NOT to your autosave (if it works to delete of couse!!)
-Load the "autosave" route and check your area.. and try to remember how you planed tracks etc.
-Jump in in your org. route and add a section where you have deleted the old one.. Im sure they have the same principal in later versions like in mine TS12

If it works you can continue to work on your route "without" the "ghost train"
-I think this will work.. the only message you will get is "are you sure, this will delete this section" ..And of couse you will delete it to get rid of the ghost train.. This will delete just that section I promise you!! I have tried this a multiple times when I transferred
a few of my favorite sections from "one" map/route to another map/route.. It was a hard time.. so many sections to delete in my case.. and of couse a lot of copy and paste of everything in the new sections I have to remap!!

And if it not works.. well, you have still your route intact with you ghoost train.. (sorry in that case)

No!! The route It´s not on DLS yet!! I have worked on it in several years now.. about 90% finnish!! -And it´s BIG.. -you can if you want jump in to www.flikr.com and watch some more pics.. I give a link here!!
Lots of pics here and a few of my old routes both in 4:3 and 16:9 screen.. have fun id you do that... more pics is coming!! and some videos also I think!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131738263@N04/sets/72157672526976403

Well good luck again!!
-Hope it works this time for you!!

Regards
bigingo

30901018485_da182be846_h.jpg

30785025932_a2393dde2a_h.jpg

Last edited:
My problem fixed itself when I merged the route with another.
No more ghost switcher.
Might be worth a try.
Cheers,
Mike

Back