Game roadmap

As far as I know, this game has never had a public road map, mainly to avoid helping the competition.

Some parts of the future plans can be found on the page of Trainz Plus:

In the "TLR - Prototype #1" section it is said a little bit about TLR's future:
Future releases will greatly expand this functionality to chain deliveries, optimize shunting and loading operations and add support for automated Passenger Schedules.

And below is the whole section named "TLR - Future Plans" which describes some of the future improvements:
  • New “Operations” User Interface // RELEASED
  • Dynamic Gameplay // In Development
  • Improved Freight Dispatch // Concept Stage
  • Passenger Schedules // Concept Stage
  • Management Interfaces // In Development
  • Driver Assistance // Concept Stage
As far as I know, new features are first introduced in Trainz Plus edition, tested there, and after some time they go into "stable" editions like TRS19 and TRS22. Will it work for the next TRS23, TRS24 or TRS25 – is unknown to me.

The features introduced in Plus won't find their way back to TRS19 but may very well end up in TRS22 Platinum Edition and maybe TRS22 base. These features, like many of the features introduced in previous versions of Trainz such as the Universal Driver-Surveyor capabilities, will continue on with future releases. This is based on past experiences with the program.

There was an old post somewhere, maybe in the old forums making the search extremely difficult, that had a much larger roadmap for the product. I went searching for it and came up with nothing. This may not have been in the forums and may have been in the user Trainz Newsletter which comes out monthly or thereabouts.

The features introduced in Plus won't find their way back to TRS19 but may very well end up in TRS22 Platinum Edition and maybe TRS22 base. These features, like many of the features introduced in previous versions of Trainz such as the Universal Driver-Surveyor capabilities, will continue on with future releases. This is based on past experiences with the program.

There was an old post somewhere, maybe in the old forums making the search extremely difficult, that had a much larger roadmap for the product. I went searching for it and came up with nothing. This may not have been in the forums and may have been in the user Trainz Newsletter which comes out monthly or thereabouts.
I remember the one by Greg Lane where trainz was going to be used in a full size loco simulator to train engineers and as software for Thomas the Tank Engine fans. I don't think there is much hope for that one.

I remember the one by Greg Lane where trainz was going to be used in a full size loco simulator to train engineers and as software for Thomas the Tank Engine fans. I don't think there is much hope for that one.
Yeah, that was the "professional" Trainz version. The consumer version was supposed to have realistic graphics, ocean tides, physics, and all sorts of stuff. I think it was when Fury came along, the plan got pulled down the drain with it.

The features introduced in Plus won't find their way back to TRS19 but may very well end up in TRS22 Platinum Edition and maybe TRS22 base.
I don't think TRS19 got any more feature updates once TRS19 PE was released, but I could be wrong. TRS22 PE may get HD terrain, but I suspect that will be headlining the next 'retail' release. TLR, next release platinum at best :)

This is all guessing of course.

I don't think TRS19 got any more feature updates once TRS19 PE was released, but I could be wrong. TRS22 PE may get HD terrain, but I suspect that will be headlining the next 'retail' release. TLR, next release platinum at best :)

Yup, it's all a guess on our part. I suppose we can say past performance doesn't always guarantee future results. ;-)

I looked that up the other day. TRS19 PE got two updates after its release to bring it up to its current level which is roughly the same as TRS19 SP5. Both patches were bug fixes as far as I can tell from the announcement threads.

Both patches were bug fixes as far as I can tell from the announcement threads.
Well, they themselves break what worked perfectly and then fix their mistakes for six months... It seems that they are just trying to make money on subscriptions

Well, I think they are just breaking and fixing things. They are making money by selling FCT to access the DLS.
I dont know how many more times we can tell you.... YOU DONT NEED A FCT TO ACCESS THE DLS. all that gets you is a higher download speed and data limit!! Some of your replies have been really useful (computer specs thread) and others it seems you don't care to listen to what people tell you 🙄

@PeteC9008 I know that I do not need an FCT while my game is supported, but as soon as the support period ends, I loose access to the DLS. Is not it true ?
No not at all, there's still content on the DLS that's from 2009 and before 😊 trainz 2009 has been unsupported for a long time, but until last year that's what I played and had plenty of downloads still.

Yes, any freeware that's on the DLS you can download at any point, even if you don't own T:ANE, you can still download freeware for it. The speed is average at best, and you have a daily 100mb cap, but it is free.
There is some payware on there, but that's because individual content creators don't want to give their stuff away for free all the time. The majority of things available on the DLS are 100% free with no FCT needed. Hope that helps 😊

Well, the official documentation says strange things.

Q: Can I still access the Download Station after the end-of-support date?

A:
Access granted to you by the unsupported product may be terminated. If you have purchased access through other means (newer products, First Class Ticket, etc.) then your access will continue thanks to these products.

I am completele lost in the flow of information o_O:ROFLMAO:

Yeah fair one! That is confusing, but it only says "may be terminated" I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's just a freebie get out clause for N3V/Auran.

Back