Future Mission

Kris94

Banned
Now that I'm mostly situated with TS12 I'll be working on some basic routes and when I've completed a few or so I might decide to start my own multiplayer session. Fictional routes I must warn you. Just contact me on this thread if you'd be interested. Can't promise when however though.

It occurs to me that the MP's are going to be interested in any good MP route. I've read your threads though, and I'd say you should actually finish a route first, then post screenshots and announce it as being completed. Then put it on the DLS and see how many downloads you get. That should tell you if it's going to be a popular route or not.

That's easy. The content is the most difficult part because everyone has their own personal opinion and preferences.

Well in order for it to be acceptable to Multiplayer you will have to use only assets either built-in or on the DLS. This also includes stuff in the sessions.

hert:wave:

The only payware you can use is the DLCs from N3V.

As for other content, you cannot use content that requires a download from another site.

Shane

As stated above, content used for multiplayer must be either built-in to the game (which includes N3V's DLC content, as this installs as built-in content) or content that is available from the Download Station. Anything that does not meet this cannot be used for Multiplayer. If you wish to query why this is the case, contact Helpdesk.

Shane

I know how you feel, as there's quite a few UK routes that would possibly be multiplayer (if updated to TS12 standards), but some of the stock required is payware or third-party.

I believe the reason behind the restriction is that Trainz cannot pick up dependencies in-game from third-party sites, whereas it can from the Download Station.

Shane

Well if they had all the dependencies I could somehow someway get it to work. It'll take some work though.

No, it won't work.

All dependencies must be built-in or on the DLS. The only work around would be to re-write the games code and I don't see that happening.

If you accept those 2 simple rules your multiplayer Trainz life will be much easier.

Back