Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland WIP

Malc,

First of all can I join those saying how wonderful your work has been to create this route. I'm very fond of FR/WHR and usually spend a week there each year. I have bought TANE principally to use your route.

As a Trainz newbie, I wonder if I can ask you a question ? I bought a FCT and then downloaded your route from the DLC. Subsequently I wanted to download rolling stock. I found a good selection of carriages and wagons which downloaded and installed ok. However I have tried to download many items of motive power and hit a problem. The downloads and installs in the content manager seemed to work, but at the end the locos still show as "available to download" rather than "installed". If I try a second time, the downloader correctly finds all the components and doesn't do anything. I have tried several database rebuilds but it hasn't helped. Among the items I tried were the Garretts for the WHR. Have I done something wrong ?

Many thanks,

Nick

Thanks Nick for the compliment!
No you haven't done anything wrong, the DLS was not working properly for a few days until sometime yesterday and Content manager wasn't able to download or find some items strangely mainly Locomotives! should be OK now hopefully.

I usually spend a week up there every year as well.

I'm pretty close to releasing a TANE version of the route with SpeedTrees rather than Billboards plus there is a small update to the route awaiting approval at the moment.

Hi Nick

If you're still having problems with any of my locos or rolling stock let me know by pm and I'll see what I can do.

Ed

Hello again Malc,

As you suggested, downloading locos is now working, I am a happy camper with my selection of Garretts :)

When the download of your route finished, I was left with the following errors:

- Dependency <kuid:1987:39> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid:9999:921555> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid:9999:921563> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid:9999:921589> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid:303030:10238> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid2:516852:1017:17> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid2:516852:1025:25> is unknown.
- Dependency <kuid2:516852:1029:29> is unknown.

Now I am running trains along the line I see numerous places where are patches of ground texture missing and I wonder if these relate to the unknown kuids ? Is there a way of correcting this please ?

I have now seen more of your work, and shown it to a friend this afternoon who is also very keen - it really is splendid - thanks so much for sharing it.

All the best,

Nick

All TS12 builtins not in TANE Standard some not all though are in the Deluxe version
<kuid:1987:39> TS12 Builtin A39 Ground Texture.
<kuid:9999:921555> TS12 Builtin Grass 05
<kuid:9999:921563> TS12 builtin Grass 13
<kuid:9999:921589> TS12 builtin Grass 25
<kuid:303030:10238> TS12 builtin Al pochva 39
<kuid2:516852:1017:17> TS12 Builtin SGT17
<kuid2:516852:1025:25> TS12 Builtin SGT25
<kuid2:516852:1029:29> TS12 Builtin SGT29

Other than waiting for the TANE Version should be able to export them from TS MAC maybe? Pretty sure I have already changed the ones that are only in the deluxe version in the TANE version.

Going to double check them all just in case there are still issues with standard TANE

Last edited:
A tip for those unfamiliar with the line, The Welsh Highland stock won't fit the loading gauge of the Ffestiniog and isn't allowed past Boston Lodge and definitely wont fit in Garnedd Tunnel, and would probably need repainting after going through some of the narrow cuttings however Ffestiniog stock will run on the WHR and frequently does, The WHR Heritage Railway is allowed very occasionally onto the WHR proper for test purposes, I won't bore you with the ongoing saga or the politics or the technical stuff that needs sorting before anything more develops, however this is Trainz............
I actually did some testing in Surveyor, and found that the WHR E-Set fit in even into Garnedd Tunnel. I suspected it would, since most WHR stock is as big as FR Carriage 122. This means I'll be able to run a twice-daily Caernarfron-Blaenau service, though with a Double Fairlie taking over for the FR section.

It's the F-Set that'll definitely never run on FR metals due to Carriage 2060.

I just finished going through North Wales Coast V1 <kuid_336550_1995> which has a "bespoke" connection to the narrow gauge route.
I'll have to take a look at your work then.
Are there any layouts that connect Llandudno Junction to your route?

I just finished going through North Wales Coast V1 <kuid_336550_1995> which has a "bespoke" connection to the narrow gauge route.
I'll have to take a look at your work then.
Are there any layouts that connect Llandudno Junction to your route?

Not sure how I missed this, Layouts that connect, not properly, the NW Coast one would with the addition of a very long tunnel and removing the Blaenau part which is totally wrong even allowing for it being many years earlier. I had a look but frankly it ain't worth bothering with. Mines a dem, The NW Coast is a hand carved affair, was OK when it was made I guess.
I believe someone is doing a new version of the North Wales Coast though which could I suppose have possibilities.

TANE version now available on The DLS, be warned you will need to download a load of SpeedTrees and a few other bit's that I had to replace for TANE.

Last edited:
Fantastic Pictures, I haven't had time to play with NG Routes yet, I'm stuck in Faulty Assets repair and learning curve, keep up the nice work and is there one layout like this for TS12 that you can recommend for me?

I won't be buying Tane for a while too many issues with new software, I have enough fun with TS12.

Good Day Gents

Steaming into sunrise.

I find it hilarious that I have more steam locomotives for this little hip pocket railroad than I have for the Union Pacific. Mostly due to the good works of clam1952 and edh6, thanks guys.

I've been downloading this route and I'M SO IMPATIENT FOR IT TO HAVE FINALLY GOT ALL ASSETS DOWNLOADED!
:udrool::mop::udrool:
(Clean up on Platform 2.. :hehe:)

Back