Exporting The .CDP File To Desktop Question

After I saved my Trainz route which roughly runs about 50mls (with mostly tracks, some buildings, roads, trees and signals), I clicked the "Export to CDP" option. When this happened and it went onto my Desktop, I put it into a folder. However, the route .cdp only reads at 19.3mb. Is this normal? Can you export a whole route to .cdp? At any rate I transferred to a Transcend het drive memory stick.

@Railroader1970 -

The exported route CDP, does not include all dependencies, so yes, the 19.3 should be correct. You'll have to list all the route dependencies in a new window, then export all kuids that are not from the DLS, packaged or payware, into a separate CDP.
Those are usually listed as "Modified" in the CM list.

Then, some of THOSE 1st level dependencies may have 2nd level dependencies to export in a 3rd CDP. It's possible to end up with several levels of sub-deps. This will be different for any given route, depending on how many kuids you have used in your route, from 3rd party websites.

@JCitron should be able to add a more detailed explanation. If he's around... 😊

Rico

@Railroader1970 -

The exported route CDP, does not include all dependencies, so yes, the 19.3 should be correct. You'll have to list all the route dependencies in a new window, then export all kuids that are not from the DLS, packaged or payware, into a separate CDP.
Those are usually listed as "Modified" in the CM list.

Then, some of THOSE 1st level dependencies may have 2nd level dependencies to export in a 3rd CDP. It's possible to end up with several levels of sub-deps. This will be different for any given route, depending on how many kuids you have used in your route, from 3rd party websites.

@JCitron should be able to add a more detailed explanation. If he's around... 😊

Rico
How about when I get the TRS22 (I still have TS12) and transfer that 19.3mb route from the Transcend memory stick to the TRS22, I can just re-download all of the missing dependencies, correct? Will that be possible?

How about when I get the TRS22 (I still have TS12) and transfer that 19.3mb route from the Transcend memory stick to the TRS22, I can just re-download all of the missing dependencies, correct? Will that be possible?
@Railroader1970 - Yes. But I have been reading in various posts that TRS22 does not see/show SOME older content, regardless of trainz version.
Give it a try, see if it works properly for you.

There will be, of course some asset incompatibility, since TRS22 error checking is much more strict than what was used in TRS12.
Likely have alot of texture.text conversions to do, and possibly some missing environmental.bmp file issues. There are other errors that can show up, but I can't think of them atm. Like all of us who have moved TRS12 stuff into TANE TRS2019 and 22, you'll have to go through the process (maybe).

There will also likely be some TRS12 ONLY content you will need to manually cdp over as well.

There is a suite of tools for correcting most of the errors here - PevSoft Trainz Tools.

There's a lot of info on using them on this forum, so first search this forum for answers, or post a help request topic for each error type you will be fixing.

Rico

@Railroader1970 - Yes. But I have been reading in various posts that TRS22 does not see/show SOME older content, regardless of trainz version.
Give it a try, see if it works properly for you.

There will be, of course some asset incompatibility, since TRS22 error checking is much more strict than what was used in TRS12.
Likely have alot of texture.text conversions to do, and possibly some missing environmental.bmp file issues. There are other errors that can show up, but I can't think of them atm. Like all of us who have moved TRS12 stuff into TANE TRS2019 and 22, you'll have to go through the process (maybe).

There will also likely be some TRS12 ONLY content you will need to manually cdp over as well.

There is a suite of tools for correcting most of the errors here - PevSoft Trainz Tools.

There's a lot of info on using them on this forum, so first search this forum for answers, or post a help request topic for each error type you will be fixing.

Rico
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for your help Rico. 👍

You could also do this option 'for safe keeping of your route'.

Right click on your route in Content Manager, choose Open | Show in explorer
While in folder explorer, click back to the 'Editing' folder

Right click on your route folder, kuid xxxxxxx xxxxxx my route as an example. Choose Copy, then Paste to Desktop.
Close file explorer | Right click on your route that the status shows as 'Open for editing'.
Choose revert to original.

Go to Desktop, if you have either WinRAR, WinZip or 7Zip package your route safely into the .rar file giving it a name!

To install if something goes wrong, lets hope not..
Extract your route to Desktop, do not reinstall it to the 'Editing' folder..
You can do this via Trainz Launcher or within Content Manager. Click File | Import Content Folder navigate to your Desktop then choose kuid xxxxxxx xxxxxx my route, then select folder to install.

Back