Error help

stmsoccer

TrainzForge Advisor
I had a hard time finding how to fix this error, so here it is
It is an error with the texture DRygrass02

Error: The tag 'description:' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'groundtexture')
Error: The tag 'for' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'groundtexture')
Warning: 'WO'is not a valid value for tag 'category-region'. This tag is now empty and a new value must be selected.

Please help

It would appear that some random quotation marks (") got into the actual description. Make sure that it starts with one quotation mark and ends with one. No quotes between them.

Bill

Inside the 'config.txt' file are a lot of "tags". One of them ("description") is corrupt. If you load the config file into a text editor, you can correct it using my last post. Save the file and commit the content into the database. The error should go away.

Bill

If your post of the error message is correct, then you problem is the colon ':' after the tag "description" The text after description should be enclosed in double quotes, as below...

description "text blah blah blah"

Getting the double quotes in the right place should also cure the message about "for" being an illegal tag..

Last edited:
Here is the actual config file

kind "groundtexture"
rgb 0,0,0
obsolete-table {
}
trainz-build 1.5
category-region-0 "WO"
category-era-0 2000
asset-filename "Drygrass02"
region "chuffbufftex"
category-class "GL"
kuid <kuid:103179:100187>
description: "A drygrass groundtex used"
for "any region in the world."
username "Drygrass02"
author
organisation
contact-email

Thanks
Josh

Here is the actual config file

kind "groundtexture"
rgb 0,0,0
obsolete-table {
}
trainz-build 1.5
category-region-0 "WO"
category-era-0 2000
region "chuffbufftex"
category-class "GL"
kuid <kuid:103179:100187>
username "Drygrass02"
author
organisation
contact-email

Thanks
Josh

Here is your exact problem, and what we have been mentioning above (emphasis added):

You need to remove the colon in "description", and change it so that it looks like this:

description "A drygrass groundtex used for any region in the world."

The multi-quote problem is too obvious for a content creator to make up themselves, I believe. I think it may be a bug in Content Dispatcher or CM. Why would it be a bug in CD? Because a .CDP file is not truely an archive format. Instead, it is a set of instructions that tell CD how to recreate the original asset files and folders. This is why the "kind" field in the config.txt file of an asset installed through CD is always at the bottom of the file, even if you put it at the very top of the file originally. The old Custom Dispatcher EXE files from days gone by were different. They were basically self-extracting ZIP archives, with the original contents of the files preserved, as it does not recreate the files based on instructions, it simply extracts the files out of itself and into the Trainz\Custom folder. Auran/"Never"-Fail, why did you make it do the recreating instead of the simple, preserving, extracting method????? :confused: :( :n:

So, simply put the above "change to" version in you config.txt instead of what is in there right now, and your problems are solved.

Regards.

My apologies...

Seeing this scenery texture was initially made for UTC version 1.5 with a stack of errors.

The corrected config for this asset should read;

kuid <kuid2:103179:100187:1>
kind "groundtexture"
rgb 0,0,0
obsolete-table {
}
trainz-build 2.9
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 2000
region "United States"
category-class "GS"
description "ground texture."
username "Drygrass02"
author "chuffbuff"

Currently, I'm in the process of upgrading/correcting the most popular assets previously used on my kuid list for compatibility with TS2009/SP4/TS2010.

Unfortunatly, this texture will not be one of them.

chuffy

Back