Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

8457.1351307528.jpg
NS4001-JGwinn.jpg
Oh yeah I forgot about the Progress PR34C's. Good one.

First off, that is an SD9034MAC with the older cab. The whole reason I put the SD90MAC-H was because of the cab difference. I like the newer cab and really would like to see it in Trainz on something other than an SD70ACe.

*WARNING: INTENSE ANGER AND RAGE AHEAD*
I can't stand it when people don't have a clue that the SD90MAC-H's were the one's with the EMD 16-265 motors that made 5,000HP (I don't think many are left, they almost all had cracked frames)!!!! MAKES ME SO MAD!!! There's a reason that UP designates them SD9043MAC's, but I'll let you figure that out. I'm sure you can figure that out from the same source that explains the difference being simply a cab. Plus, I believe the PhaseII cab is still a desktop control stand, where the SD70ACe is not.

*WARNING: INTENSE ANGER AND RAGE AHEAD*
I can't stand it when people don't have a clue that the SD90MAC-H's were the one's with the EMD 16-265 motors that made 5,000HP (I don't think many are left, they almost all had cracked frames)!!!! MAKES ME SO MAD!!! There's a reason that UP designates them SD9043MAC's, but I'll let you figure that out. I'm sure you can figure that out from the same source that explains the difference being simply a cab. Plus, I believe the PhaseII cab is still a desktop control stand, where the SD70ACe is not.

I don't even know where to start. A 16-265 makes 6000 HP. Not all SD90MAC-Hs had the new cab. There are more differences between the later units than just the cab, such as most of the body.

uhhhhhh.... oh noes? Criticism hmmmm? I'll remember to pass your feelings about Dave Snow's work on to him.....

After that.... I'm with Simulator Train.... Don't know what to say..... You suggested things to be built that've already been built, and I went and tracked them down for you... If you don't like them:
http://www.blender.org/
Knock yourself out......

For the JR crew:
As far as some of JR's people getting their nose bent out of shape, that was not my intention. I realize JR makes things well when they make it. My response wasn't at JR, but rather an apparently over zealous member of our community...... Though I will say the head shake is a bit much.... If you guys are really thinking what I said was something so heinous, please, by all means go build what he's suggested. I'm sure I'll be in line to buy them if they appeal to me. Personally, I'm happier watching you guys decide what you want to build with out the Bold letters and underlining antics.....

Falcus

For the JR crew:
As far as some of JR's people getting their nose bent out of shape, that was not my intention. I realize JR makes things well when they make it. My response wasn't at JR, but rather an apparently over zealous member of our community...... Though I will say the head shake is a bit much.... If you guys are really thinking what I said was something so heinous, please, by all means go build what he's suggested. I'm sure I'll be in line to buy them if they appeal to me. Personally, I'm happier watching you guys decide what you want to build without the Bold letters and underlining antics.....

Falcus

Well now I'm annoyed but guilty because of that. I'm not dedicated over trying to keep my side up. I just don't like being called out as if I'm that first to make a certain mistake. Intentional or unintentional. But at this rate I had somewhat good suggestions. The way people reacted to your reply of my ideas, they were certainly not impressed or happy about it.

May I restate reactions on page 95:
By Chadd04
754.gif

By Therock
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Falcus
Almost everything you suggested has already been done, most by JR

Not even close.

And that meme up in my posted answer to your reply is nearly the same expression I had when I first saw it.

And those antics was only for me to get an answer on how I could improve the pictures in the original post as well to note key differences of certain engines and other features or my volume in words in the second post. Had nothing to do with my suggestions alone. The pictures were large because I have yet to make them smaller.

After my second post, one of my suggestions was then taken into consideration(B32-8). Now this is becoming a major argument because of a suggestion I made in hopes they'd be great ideas. Now I feel less faithful as I did before. That reply you left in return really blew me away badly.
I'll put it here:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Falcus

Near as I can tell, you srsly need to figure out Google..... Almost everything you suggested has already been done, most by JR, and... really? (Last time I do your research for you). Some of them aren't exact, but just as with any hobby APPROXIMATE REPRESENTATION is the Key. Honestly, not like it'd be hard to throw some 4 Axle trucks on those JR GE's anyway, even if it didn't look quite right anyway.....

Falcus

And like I said I used: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/modelList.aspx not Google.

Plus think about it. So what if Jointed Rail makes an engine that has been created in trainz before? That didn't stop JR & Amtrak Trainz make P42's well after they were started by ProTrainz. Nor did it stop USLW, JR & RRMods to make GP38's and SD40's when Auran already had those engines in Trainz from the start. Nor Waynes Trainz who has a Brunswick Green SD45 when RRmods had one made before that.

But as the picture in pdkoester's post entails. This is nothing but a slapping fight that hasn't taken either one of us down. As well, these post are just wasting space for other user's suggestions and ideas. WHETHER REPETITIVE OR NOT. And just because of that I'm not going to reply at any other post that shadows me in the ways they have been. I'm going to see if I can solve this problem the way they do it in elementary school.

My apologies for my behavior over my last four posts and I hope you realize that I am trying to say sorry.

Sure you can reason all you want after this. Yeah you can take the last laugh or blow the last punch. But I won't care at this point. From here on out I am going to pretend this "conversation" never happened. I just hope we can make an agreement in that.

Last edited:
But as the picture in pdkoester's post entails. This is nothing but a slapping fight that hasn't taken either one of us down.

Far as I'm concerned, you're the one carrying on at this point..... Though thanks for demonstrating how indirect encouragement from non-involved parties plays a role in Net Antics.

Edited to add; I'm done with this conversation.

Falcus

Last edited:
Please don't bring me further out into the spotlight with this. I'm don't want to be a part of this now. Screw this. I'm done. I'm out. Fine. Finished. I don't want to have to think about this. Not one bit. Let it go already.

Last edited:
For the JR crew:
As far as some of JR's people getting their nose bent out of shape, that was not my intention. I realize JR makes things well when they make it. My response wasn't at JR, but rather an apparently over zealous member of our community...... Though I will say the head shake is a bit much.... If you guys are really thinking what I said was something so heinous, please, by all means go build what he's suggested. I'm sure I'll be in line to buy them if they appeal to me. Personally, I'm happier watching you guys decide what you want to build with out the Bold letters and underlining antics.....

I don't think any of us got a bent nose because of your post. I do think you were just a tad harsh on the guy, but it wasn't any of us shaking our heads.

Lets just chalk this one up to a mis-communication and move on.

EMD 16-265 motors that made 5,000HP

EMD 16-265H is 6000hp. the H on SD90MAC-H denotes that it has the 265H in it. I don't think he ever said otherwise though, just that he liked the cab and wanted to see it.

Last edited:
pictures%5C53307%5CGE%20809_b_1988-11-10_B40-8W_UP%20Ewing%20Ave%20Shop_St%20Louis%20MO.jpg

Figure this would be a neat addition to something like a special Christmas or holiday release. GE B40-8W Prototype.

F

Figure this would be a neat addition to something like a special Christmas or holiday release. GE B40-8W Prototype.

Definitely seen that idea mentioned before but still a great idea.

You know what could be a better idea for the Holidays that would be interesting is if JR made a pack dedicated to pretty much triclops units. SD40-2F's, SD60M's, and that GE B40-8W(as jkuhn mentioned) and such.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the C39-8s in the Conrail scheme tho. And I know I have said this a couple times, but is there any C40-8Ms in the works for the BC Rail in the red white and blue? Also I think there's a few BC Rail C44-9Ws out there too so hope JR will consider that.

I'd like to see the C39-8s in the Conrail scheme tho. And I know I have said this a couple times, but is there any C40-8Ms in the works for the BC Rail in the red white and blue? Also I think there's a few BC Rail C44-9Ws out there too so hope JR will consider that.

how can we have YUTZ on the team and not make a conrail version?

Back