Eastland Rocket Progress

So?? I'm confused. What are you trying to say? Not being very clear in your point.

The point being, that while I make offer suggestions, my own work is "just as terrible", "just as good", and even "less then ideal" as your own work in many ways.

I believe any route builder has issues to work through. It will probably never be perfect, just try to capture the high points and the rest will follow (hopefully).

Work close from the track, see the world from the train.

Kris
Just a quick comment. In the screenshot that you show the water tower, why did you place it there? My assessment would be that the water tower would be on a siding in order to allow for the filling of the tender with water without it fouling the main line. I doubt that since there's a siding close by that the 'company' would place the tower on the main. Do a little studying and before you place a trackside object, try to think through the process of why you're placing it where you plan to put it. Ask yourself this question. Does it make sense to have it there? Trackside objects, especially service facilities, are rarely random in their placement.

Mike

That is a siding. Hints why the tracks are further apart then what you've seen in previous shots. I've had a single line track for a while.

Being able to defend your placement of track with logic is key.

Very good.

Well thanks. I thought for a moment I actually thought I didn't do so well. But I'm not sure the AI Drivers would agree or notice that. They're so dumb they can't even tell the difference between a rock and a diamond even if we put it right in front of their face.

Indeed, as evidenced on the UMR:

David: Waiting for track clearance.
Me: The signal's green, stop blocking the mainline and go!

Indeed, as evidenced on the UMR:

David: Waiting for track clearance.
Me: The signal's green, stop blocking the mainline and go!

I know!! Right?!! The moron thought it was opposite day. In that case everyday would be opposite day. Last time I checked, GREEN MEANS GO!!!!:confused::eek:

That is a siding. Hints why the tracks are further apart then what you've seen in previous shots. I've had a single line track for a while.

It appeared from the vista that you're showing that it might be a double track main.

It appeared from the vista that you're showing that it might be a double track main.

Nope. Generally the tracks would be closer together although sometimes they may be that far apart but not usually. That's we're the grid boxes you see on the map come into handy.

kris94201203300000.jpg

kris94201203300001.jpg

Back