Driver commands for shunting

buci

Hi,

Are there any Driver commands for shunting operations which works in TRS2022?

Kind Regards
Darko

Create a shunting operation in the schedule library. There are many ways to set one up depending on what you want to happen.

There is a catch. Shunting commands like Move to train, Couple with,.... made by erendir not working any more in TRS2022. There are no substitutes on DLS.

Create a shunting operation in the schedule library. There are many ways to set one up depending on what you want to happen.

Last edited:
Every shunting situation will be unique. The "one size fits all" driver command will have problems caused by caused by the placement of signals, junctions, track marks, other consists, track lengths, phase of the moon, etc that are unique to each situation. Developing an automated command sequence for one situation will take a lot of testing, time and frustration - and that solution will not work in a different situation.

The task is not impossible, but it will be time consuming.

My experiences anyway

I use the schedule library to setup a set of generic commands for shunting. With my yard setup the way it is, as is mentioned every situation is unique, I have a drive to a specific track marks and a couple to command which I edit as needed to gather the freight cars for my wayside freight.

Instead of using a runaround command, I direct the AI to track marks and have them wait 20 seconds before proceeding. I find the results are far more consistent and there's less of a chance of the AI driving off to have lunch elsewhere on the route instead of shunting in the yard.

This isn't 100% automated but it beats me trying to negotiate all the switches and couple up myself. It's doable but it's more fun standing on the side and watching the action unfold as a railfan.

Thanks for kind replies.
In the past (TS12, TRS19) I've made quite elaborate switching sessions (2 - 3 hours) with AI driver commands made by "erendir". Very good slow speed, no speed hunting, no headlight switching on and off. Fun to make and to watch as a railfan.
Alas above mentioned are not working with TRS22 and there are no substitutes (at least I didn't find any) and driver commands provided by NV3 are very rudimentary and outdated.

Kind Regards

Back