DOWNLOAD STATION WOES

I am continuing to have problems with Download Station after three months and a First-Class Ticket that's good for another two weeks.

I purchased Trainz 2009 in January with a new PC running Windows 7. Content Manager v2.0 Download Station will only fetch me 2009 assets, which limits significantly what I used to have with my previous versons (2006, 2004, UTC). When I go to the website Download Station and click the appropriate versions I had, I was able to transfer from DS to CM about 10% of the time - the other 90% nothing happens.

My virus protection, Norton, prompts me to allow. I even temporarily disable Norton and still nothing happens - that's obviously not the problem.

On the website, I also try "Download with FTP" and "Download Cart" - those either freeze my internet connection or do nothing.

I have tried the Auran Help Desk several times, and no response.

On an earlier posting, someone suggested Trainz Downloader Pro, but it asks me to download an earlier version of .NET framework, and that doesn't appear safe (according to a Windows prompt).

Does anyone have any other suggestions. I can log onto the Auran website and DLS without difficulty. Any help will be most appreciated! - Michael in Iowa

PM me for more information, on how to make Antivirus allowable excptions rules, how to run Trainz an CMP as Administartor, and how to make UN & PW editing and resetting.

You too, can, and could have, had the DLS working many months ago.

Your profile on your posting only shows 2009 as registered, have you used a different username in the past, which may be why you are only able to download 2009 assets under this username?

Maybe Auran's computers won't recognise your previous version purchases or link them to this username, so won't let you download.

Try logging on with Content Manager using the previous username?

Back