Discuss the division and inject some fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

pommie

/me steps into hot water up to his neck, mods please read and understand what I am trying to do before you make a decision about locking this thread, that is all I ask.

Two threads were locked, and fair enough no argument from me there.

Meatloaf747's thread was locked, even though it was not discussing the topic of the locked threads, it was discussing the division resulting from those threads, at least that was my impression of the topic, and then one of the attaganists from the other two threads posts, continuing the topic of the locked threads, and the whole thread was locked, not just the offending post, where is this fair on the other posters, and myself who typed out a fun post only to find it locked when I hit submit :(
Does this mean that that particular member can just post about the now forbidden topic in any thread and get it locked, way to go to get things to cool down.
Trying to sweep this particular division under the carpet and pretend it is not there, is only going to make it worse, please let the members discuss the division caused without discussing the topic that caused it,and delete any posts that try to discuss it.
Even let it wander off topic every now and then provided it is for a bit of fun, sadly lacking around here at the moment.

I expect this thread to last about 10 minutes so if you agree with me post quick, if enough post and agree, maybe they will let discussing the division continue, now to the topic, how can we inject some fun in here and put a band-aid on the division.

DO NOT DISCUSS THE TOPIC OF THE CLOSED THREADS cos if you do you are only showing selfishness, and that is most definitely not wanted at the moment.

Cooo I can rave on can't I :D

Cheers David

hmmmm I was wrong 20 minutes and it is still here, maybe the mods are doing a wait and see approach, I hope so :)

Anyway I am off to bed now, hope its still here and have some posters when I log on again.

Cheers David

Well, I'll go ahead and try to post. I'm not sure how we can discuss the division without talking about the subject of the closed threads. The threads were good discussions on an obviously important subject to a lot of members. It's a shame that the offending posts couldn't have just been deleted and let the conversation been allowed to continue. I, too, don't think that not allowing us to discuss the situation is going to repair the obvious division on the subject. However, I'll just keep on creating and see how things develop.

Best regards to all.
Mike

Usually the reasons behind moderators closing threads in the past stems from either, it has been asked to be closed by someone on the forum, or the moderators themselves believe that the thread may become heated, and over time become a war zone, and this is not what newbies to trainz want to see when they first log onto the forum, especially with the launch of a new Trainz Simulator.

The forum moderators want to keep the forum freindly, (which thankfully it usually is), and disscuss Trainz related problems, (which we usually do), that hopefully can be solved by either a forum friend or a Trainz programmer, some may deem this thread as just antagonising the dogs at a fence with a big stick.

I do understand your frustration when someone comes out of the blue, and does upset the applecart for no reason, and I agree the relative offending post should be removed, not the thread, with a warning to the poster, who is trying to cause a possible war.

Hope this helps

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
You really have to be joking!
Enough now with these threads, take it to a forum that is suitable to your needs and leave the Trainz forum and community out of it.:sleep:
Anyone here want to talk about the sim called Trainz?

I am amused and horrified that you won't let this die. "Let's see, I know it's the wrong thing to do, but....":eek:

Threads are being locked, some people have left the forum, some have stopped creating, and are stopping their sharing ... all because of argumentitive posters, "Gimmie Pig" PM's and E-Mails to creators, requests and rude demands for particular specific custom created assets chop chop, constant complaints, and overall young childlike behavior ... This is what causes "Division" amongst forum members.

Last edited:
PM No Post Please

Can some one explain to me what all of this divisions stuff is? PM please. No post on this thread.

I'd have to agree with many posters in this thread, its an 'issue' that will never truly go away, nor will it be resolved either for or against - all I can think of, is we'll agree to disagree :)

A few polite posts and over 300 views, just goes to prove that we can be polite and friendly, no matter the topic, so my effort was worth it :D

Now that is settled I am going to ask for this thread to be locked before someone decides to be impolite and force it to be locked just because they don't like it.

Cheers David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back