Deleting a built-in in T:ANE

nfitzsimmons

I have a problem.

A few days back I downloaded and installed an old loco/tender pack. Wasn't until I'd completed the install that I discovered that a couple of the items re-used the kuids originally used by Auran for built-in assets. This resulted in a number of other assets now showing up as faulty because of an invalid or missing asset. I have re-download the built-in original assets from the DLS, but I can't re-install them because there is a "later version" installed. When I try to install them everything appears to work fine, but the only one that appears in CM is the bad one.

I now have a number of "broken" items that were fine until this happened.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Clone the updated builtin kuid so you can substitute your clones for the problem dependencies then delete the ones that were reused and do a database repair, so Trainz knows they are no longer there which should restore things to normal.

The problem with that is that the only kuid that shows up in CM is the bad one. Not sure how I can clone the other one if I can't see it.

I really, really hate doing a database rebuild because every time I do it "fixes" some of the older assets I've repaired to work in T:ANE, and then I need to go back and repair them again. Getting to be sort of a drag. Mostly because the repairs are mainly to recreate the now-missing .txt files.

In the end I think I may have shot myself in the foot because beginning with Trainz 2009, every time I buy a newer version I keep going back and repairing faulty assets from the previous versions(s). Slowly that is becoming impossible.

Last edited:
You clone the bad one then delete it the original builtin is still there, right click show asset versions, and run the database repair.

Edit: You may not need to run the DBR, restarting Trainz might fix it. Never had a DBR unfix anything I've repaired, that's an odd one.

Last edited:
That appears to have fixed it. As far as needing to repair faulty assets a second time, I don't know what that's about. I do know that the ones that went bad I had already fixed once, because they were missing texture.txt files. Fixed them with Pev's tool. Then I had to fix them a second time because they had disappeared again.

Back