CSX Derailment caught on video!

hmm, this gives me an idea...make some railcars into objects and have them sitting on their sides, roofs, frames minus their trucks, etc. and have their trucks sprawled out, even as seperate objects. It would make an interesting trackside scene. Philskene does this one some of his layouts with railcars that "Snap" to the track buried on invisible track beside the rails.

I wish i had videotaped this, but i have a good derailment story of my own. there was once a derailment in Parkville, Missouri, when i was like seven or eight. A truck on a coalporter (i think) started to burn a bearing and the wheel started to wobble about two or three miles from town. there is but one switch in Parkville, a trailing point (to this train) that once served the powerplant for Park College. the wheelset picked the frog and pushed the truck over the rail. the train was doing 50-60mph through town and the cars demolished several downtown buildings before the coupling finally broke and the back half of the train piled up in town. My Grandfather and i drove down to the sight within hours of the wreck. I can still see the sight today. coal everywhere, heavy cars i once thought indestructible twisted and mashed like they were made of tissue paper, and the front half of the train (It's been years, but it was about 20 cars and three 6-axles, at least one of them an SD70MAC) sitting on the "Hill" just east of the old station. It amazed me. I've got some of the coal from the wreck, and i talked my dad into making off with a short section of rail, the top half of the section sheared off for about half its length. This is 130 pound+ rail, people.

ughugh, gives me shivers when i think of that old wreck.

Wow, all three of those videos really scared me! It's amazing the condition of some track around the US.
-Conrail45

Wreakers ?

Yes ... CSX ... Doo Stank :p a little bit :hehe:

There are a band of railfans (Yahoo Groups Altoona Johnstown) and they chase each and every train up and down, and over the mountain, taking redundant videos and photo's of dozens of "Trash Trains" (full of NYC Garbage) ... who would want to railfan a Grabage Train ? My GF took the train from the Altoona station, and a Trash Train (a Wreaker) had them trapped with nowhere to go ... people waiting for the train were barfing their brains out, waiting on the passenger platform ... "Clean Up ... Platform #4"... NS & CSX Doo Wreak ... a little bit ! :p

Last edited:

that third one frankly frightens me...at one point it doesn't even look like there's a rail in one spot! I remember a railfan friend telling me that once, back when the KCS had insanely bad track, that right in the middle or Downtown Belton the lead engine of a roade freight (i think it was a second-gen geep, but i can't remember) dipped so far on a bad rail that it tipped over...TIIIIIIIIIIIMBER!!!!

Yes ... CSX ... Doo Stank :p a little bit :hehe:

There are a band of railfans (Yahoo Groups Altoona Johnstown) and they chase each and every train up and down, and over the mountain, taking redundant videos and photo's of dozens of "Trash Trains" (full of NYC Garbage) ... who would want to railfan a Grabage Train ? My GF took the train from the Altoona station, and a Trash Train (a Wreaker) had them trapped with nowhere to go ... people waiting for the train were barfing their brains out, waiting on the passenger platform ... "Clean Up ... Platform #4"... NS & CSX Doo Wreak ... a little bit ! :p

Every single time I go out to my local station, that train makes an appearance and pretty much whenever I decide to try somewhere new, it follows me. I went up to Harrisburg to see the GG-1 at the station and a NS trash train goes rolling though

Back