cmp not working

ewses

i click the trainz desktop icon then the trainz menu comes up then i click on cmp then i just goes back the my desktop i wated for a wile and nothing well i dont need it enyway because i never lets me download or get enything so when i leave school i might as well get a good qualifcation but im about in the midle. enyway and build my own railway network WOW my own railway network emagen that class 66s for evry line :cool: :hehe:

i click the trainz desktop icon then the trainz menu comes up then i click on cmp then i just goes back the my desktop i wated for a wile and nothing well i dont need it enyway because i never lets me download or get enything so when i leave school i might as well get a good qualifcation but im about in the midle. enyway and build my own railway network WOW my own railway network emagen that class 66s for evry line :cool: :hehe:

In order to help, we need a few details about your computer such as the operating system (which version of Windows), Your graphics card, memory, etc. To get this information, run dxdiag.exe This appliction has the option to save the information to a log file. Another program that also produces a log is TrainzDiag located in the C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006 or in the bin folder underneath. (I'm at work right now, and don't have access to my home computer.)

What version of Trainz are you running? TRS2006, Classics? TRS2006 may require the SP1 patch, which involves a whole procedure for installation. SP1 solved a lot of issues and this maybe one of them.

The fact that Trainz isn't starting could be due to a corrupted Assets.tdx file. When Trainz starts, it reads in the file. This can take a very long time if the program had crashed previously as Trainz tries to sort through the mess. If the Assets file has become totally buggered, then it needs to be deleted and rebuilt. Go to the C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006 and look for Assets.tdx. Delete the file, and restart Trainz. It may take awhile for Trainz to restart if there is a large amount of downloaded assets.

In the future, please write a clearer with distinct sentences. Your post was very difficult to understand so hopefully I was able to help you. If you have additional problems like this, and continue to write in the fashion that you have here, your posts will most likely go unanswered.

John

This process fixes most problems with CMP.

1.) Open up your Trainz root folder. (C:/Program Files/Auran/TRS2006)

2.) Inside, the 'TRS2006' folder there should be a file located somewhere called 'assets.tdx'. Delete this file.

3.) Inside the 'TRS2006' folder, there should be a FOLDER called 'Cache'. Open it.

4.) In the 'Cache' folder, there MAY be a file called 'assets.bku'. If it's present, delete it.

5.) Next, fire up Trainz 2006 but DO NOT touch any thing. Just let it 'idle' in the menu. Go watch TV for a half hour and come back.

6.) Shut down Trainz 2006 and restart it. You should be good to go.
If the same problem occurs, keep trying this process. It may take a few times before the files successfully rebuild.

**NOTE**

The 'assets.bku' file MAY or MAY NOT be in the 'Cache' folder. If it is, delete it. If it's not there is no big deal.

Hope this helps.

Back