Changing Drivers cab?

gazwald

Hey guys, dumb question time...

If you're in a loco with a drivers cab at both ends (such as most BR units) is there any way to simulate moving the driver to the second(rear) cab in order to drive back the way you came going forwards rather than reversing down the entire track? Or is the only option to put a turntable or turning loop into the layout?

I'm currently running Trainz 1.3.SP3, but I'd be interested to know if its possible in later versions if its not possible in 1.3

Thanks.

Gaz.

Nope, that doesn't appear to work in 1.3. I guess its something they added in later versions Thanks anyway Harry, it was worth a try.

Nope, that doesn't appear to work in 1.3. I guess its something they added in later versions Thanks anyway Harry, it was worth a try.

Have you tried looking for a file in your Trainz installation called Keyboard.txt or something similar...

It should contain a list of keyboard commands and what they do.

Don't change anything in that file as it changes what the keys do in the game!!

I'd love to give you the string of what to look for but I can't as my own PC is suffering the moody blues...

regards

Harry

Doesn't look like there's one of those either. I had a good look around in the trainz (sub)directories.

Don't worry about it Harry. The version i have is 'Trains Virtual Railway' which is a uk budget release. It came with no printed documentation at all, and not much more on either the install CD or in the trains program files directories either. It made for a cheap intro to Trainz, but that's about it.

I'll hold if with anymore questions until I get the newer version. It looks like this one is just too long in the tooth.

Regards.

Doesn't look like there's one of those either. I had a good look around in the trainz (sub)directories.

Don't worry about it Harry. The version i have is 'Trains Virtual Railway' which is a uk budget release. It came with no printed documentation at all, and not much more on either the install CD or in the trains program files directories either. It made for a cheap intro to Trainz, but that's about it.

I'll hold if with anymore questions until I get the newer version. It looks like this one is just too long in the tooth.

Regards.

Have you tried having a look round the CD and/or your trainz installation for a PDF of the manual?

And yes... Trainz 1.3 is a bit long in the tooth considering that Trainz Classics has been pushed out the door. If I were you, order TRS2006 from Auran and see if that's any better.

regards

Harry

Back