CANAL LOCKS

carr

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an automatic command for the boats the to go though the canal locks without having to do it manually whilst in Drive?

Thanks

The locks are set up as either turntables or traversers. You could try the available turntable commands under AI operation.

C

Yes the locks by Vulcan are controlled the same as a turntable. Place a TM with a small radius on each end the lifting section of track. Set up the input rule. Drive to TM and then use move turntable command.

Thanks, But I am obviously doing something wrong. As the drive command will not accept 'Move Turntable even though I have given the lock a name in input (message 1) this does not show up next to the move turntable arrow when trying to select.

Name the lock then edit session and add rule input table. Open the rule and add turntable,name,2 . Make sure the move turntable driver command is selected from the commands list. It is important to make sure the TM is on the lifting part of the lock or else the boat wont see it. Now drive to TM and wait for 10 sec then move turntable command to 1. This will close the gates and raise the water to the next level.
The double lock is similar Lock name Double Locks. Input table turntable,Double Locks,3 . Move turntable command 0 = bottom level, 1 = middle level and 2 = top level.

Thanks, I got it in the end, I was getting myself confused between the Top line and the message in the input table.

Back