Can one lower the hight of a route/session

TRS17985

I would like to merge two routes, but one is at sealevel and the other has been created at a hight of 600 meters. Can I change the overall hight of one or both of them. Thanks for your advice.
Frank

As far as i know this is not possible. I also tried to do this when merging routes and i did a little bit of research, but unfortunately there is no way to do it .

This can't be done within Trainz, but it can be raised or lowered but only by using TransDEM, and then that is not guaranteed to always work. I've done it myself a couple of times and when it does work, it does it very well.

John

What you can do is use blank base boards to bridge the gaps between your routes, in this way you can gradually raise or lower the tracks connecting the routes and blend the scenery. You can also use portals to bridge the boards. I have used the former.

John

Are these DEM's ... or are they flat routes ?

Both...

One of them was an old route by George Fisher I was messing around with and the other is a DEM. To get it to work, you need to open the route for edit and copy the folder outside of Trainz userdata/editing. Once this is process is complete, import the route back into Trainz.

I have done both raised with TransDEM and the portal to portal which is easy to set up on different routes.

I would like to merge two routes, but one is at sealevel and the other has been created at a hight of 600 meters. Can I change the overall hight of one or both of them. Thanks for your advice.
Frank

Create a height map of a constant shade (I have two - one called Raise and one called Lower). Use the height map with the Plateau tool in the environment tab with the radius set to the largest value and the sensitivity setting adjusted to give the desired height change. You need to carefully position the borders, and some manual adjustment might be required at the edges each time you raise or lower a section. Quite a bit of experimenting will be required but once you have the right settings, with a little practice it is easy to do large areas quite quickly.

Back