Can I use TLR for passenger industries?

jamal17

Subways and railroads
I have a route that only runs subway trains. I have passenger-enabled stations, but I want to use TLR for this route I don't know how with passenger-enabled industries. does TLR even work with passenger-enabled stations like "AJS Invisible Station 1T"?

I have a route that only runs subway trains. I have passenger-enabled stations, but I want to use TLR for this route I don't know how with passenger-enabled industries. does TLR even work with passenger-enabled stations like "AJS Invisible Station 1T"?
Not yet according to the N3V Dev Team. This is supposed to be coming soon(tm) at some point.

I guess that part of the problem is that while an industry can call for a collection/delivery to another industry which accepts/produces the specific goods, passengers will have individual destinations along a single line (obviously branches complicate things again).
I suspect that the first iteration of this for passengers will be an "all stations stopper"; an express train (or limited stop) process is harder to program.

Given that a multi track industry needs a script update of TLR to identify the pickup/drop off locations, it may be necessary to re-write a lot of industires (including multi platform stations).

Colin

I guess that part of the problem is that while an industry can call for a collection/delivery to another industry which accepts/produces the specific goods, passengers will have individual destinations along a single line (obviously branches complicate things again).
I suspect that the first iteration of this for passengers will be an "all stations stopper"; an express train (or limited stop) process is harder to program.

Given that a multi track industry needs a script update of TLR to identify the pickup/drop off locations, it may be necessary to re-write a lot of industires (including multi platform stations).

Colin
I would have thought that the "all stopper" would be hard to program.
As the ëxpress "has only 2 stops.

In today's newsletter, the Passenger part of TLR seems to be on track to arrive soon (Trainz Soon that is)
Following that massive update, we expect to release the long awaited "Passenger Schedule" system. Similar to other Living Railroad systems, the dispatcher will work out which trains can service which stations on various frequencies. Players can then take over control of any of the schedules

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. I run some busy commuter train lines. If the service is anything like the freight operations, we're going to see some interesting AI maneuvres.

I can see the TLR working for 2 track station (up and down lines), but I suspect the single line working could be difficult - how does the AI know which direction to use?
I guess multitrack stations (eg Reading UK with about a dozen platforms) will happen in round 15!

I can see the TLR working for 2 track station (up and down lines), but I suspect the single line working could be difficult - how does the AI know which direction to use?
I guess multitrack stations (eg Reading UK with about a dozen platforms) will happen in round 15!
I have a few large stations like that on my big route. One station is a terminus and you know what will happen when the AI starts playing Rock, Paper, Scissors when they choose which platform they want to use.

I can see many drivers having tea and biscuits visits with the station master, or with Trainz being deleted very quickly.

Agreed. Just because I think that they /could/ do worse doesn`t mean that I think that they /will/ do worse. I also happen to think that they /could/ surprise us with something that actually bears some resemblance to what we want. The /could/ go to either extreme, bit I think that somewhere in between is more likely. Unless someone has a working time machine, we`ll just have to wait to see.

Agreed. Just because I think that they /could/ do worse doesn`t mean that I think that they /will/ do worse. I also happen to think that they /could/ surprise us with something that actually bears some resemblance to what we want. The /could/ go to either extreme, bit I think that somewhere in between is more likely. Unless someone has a working time machine, we`ll just have to wait to see.
True but given how things usually go, we tend to be on the more conservative side.

Yeah, well, "somewhere between" is a much wider space even if they are likely to land near the less-desirable end of the range. The two extremes are much narrower spaces.

We'll wait and see where they land this time, but I'm not holding my breath for great things, I'm sorry but like many here I've been burned in the past. How does that saying go? Past performance does not guarantee future results, but with N3V it does most of the time.

don't forget.....

You cannot please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time.

Be happy with what you have and what you get.

Lost my ability to give N3V the benefit of the doubt after the whole T:ANE fiasco. Would love to, and of course hope things work as expected, but been there done that. First and last Kickstarter I ever support. They actually had been doing quite well recently with transparency, communication and such, but lately it seems to have gone back to 'crickets' again.

Back