Cajon Pass WIP

Finally, does anyone know of a good website that could host my route? I'm too lazy to set up my own website and I know if I put it on the DLS no one would ever find it..

If you're talking about sending it out for beta testing here's one site https://www.yousendit.com/
If you;re talking about permanent hosting for the whole community then the Auran site would be my choice.
You can put be down as a beta tester. I do live in this area.

wow, can't wait for this. Looks great, love how the desert looks, and the terrain!! Reminds me of the Clovis Sub.

Will this have BNSF's 3rd Track at the pass?

Thanks, and yes, it will have the third track. I tried to make the route as close as possible to the way it is today.

@bnsf50, I was thinking a place to host the route for the whole community. And you live in the area? Darn it...that means I'll have to kick up the detail to a whole new level...lol

Maybe a no-speedtree version?
My CP sucks with SpeedStuff.
By the Way, the route looks AWESOME!;)
Hope to see more screenies.
Warbonnets and Cherries, Tony.:wave:

Maybe a no-speedtree version?
My CP sucks with SpeedStuff.
By the Way, the route looks AWESOME!;)
Hope to see more screenies.
Warbonnets and Cherries, Tony.:wave:

But 3D trees look so much better, if a route doesn't utilize this marvelous technology and defaults back to cardboard trees I won't touch the route period!

I'd consider making a version without speedtrees (or, speedlichen) but it definitely looks better with them.

BTW, the route is completely ts10 native mode capable, and I imagine it would work just fine in ts12.

Also, any ideas on how I can make the San Bernardino train station and the Barstow Railway museum? I'm kinda stuck on these items..

A few more shots...

Near Victorville:
CajonPass1.jpg

Just north of summit:
CajonPass2.jpg

San Bernardino at midday:
CajonPass3.jpg

One of the spots where a tunnel used to be:
CajonPass4.jpg

A few pre-dawn shots:
CajonPass5.jpg

CajonPass6.jpg

CajonPass7.jpg

CajonPass8.jpg

Like I said before, I've still got some scenery work to do, but most of these shots come pretty close to what the finished product will look like. Enjoy:)

See if you can host this awesome route over at USLW.net

Cheers!

In order to host a route with USLW, you must fill out several forms in triplicate, which include a non-negotiable contract that states the following:

• You must sign the rights of your first-born child to us
  • You must allow us to be able to take residence in your household whenever we deem necessary
  • You must make us sandwiches on demand
  • You must give us your social security number and bank accounts, as well as any contact information for next of kin
Getting back on topic...nice shots wridenour! Reminds me a lot of my trips to Southern California!

In order to host a route with USLW, you must fill out several forms in triplicate, which include a non-negotiable contract that states the following:

• You must sign the rights of your first-born child to us
  • You must allow us to be able to take residence in your household whenever we deem necessary
  • You must make us sandwiches on demand
  • You must give us your social security number and bank accounts, as well as any contact information for next of kin
Getting back on topic...nice shots wridenour! Reminds me a lot of my trips to Southern California!

Those sound agreeable! Want to host my single baseboard with 1 piece of crooked track, I call it "What everyone else is making so why not me!"?

hey man i'm sure that those custom buildings are really tricky so what are you using? blender? well anyhow, we at STL Locomotive works would be honored if we could host this amazing route of yours on the site. just drop us a line.

-AJ

-Looks pretty good! keep it up!
-I got plans/drawings and stuff when I was in SBDO. but still going to be a PITA to make that station let alone Barstows station too!

-Joe

Yup, it's the Barstow hump yard...if that ain't enough switching to keep you busy, then you've got way to much time on your hands lol

I've got the gradients correct on the hump so cars will roll freely onto their appropriate track at about 6-7mph and...stop......hopefully......eh, I haven't crossed that bridge yet....:confused:

hey man i'm sure that those custom buildings are really tricky so what are you using? blender? well anyhow, we at STL Locomotive works would be honored if we could host this amazing route of yours on the site. just drop us a line.

-AJ

Oh I have no idea how to build stuff with blender/gmax..I'm just gonna kinda scratch build them with existing objects unless someone has a better idea.

And thanks so much! You guys have an awesome site there and if you'd want to host, I think that'd be fine!:)

Yup, it's the Barstow hump yard...if that ain't enough switching to keep you busy, then you've got way to much time on your hands lol

I've got the gradients correct on the hump so cars will roll freely onto their appropriate track at about 6-7mph and...stop......hopefully......eh, I haven't crossed that bridge yet....:confused:

With that many tracks I'm not sure how many members will be "rolling" anything. It may turn out to look like fast forwarding on a Tivo...

Oh I have no idea how to build stuff with blender/gmax..I'm just gonna kinda scratch build them with existing objects unless someone has a better idea.

If there is some landmark business you require, that you think I could skin onto an existing model, post here with a link to a picture, and I will try to help.

Back