C++ Error, Trainz Crashing

David111767

30in and Rack Railway Guy
Hello All,

Maybe a computer guru might be able to help with this problem.

A few days ago, I added a portal basic short to one of my layouts (I'm not sure if this is causing the problem so I thought adding this info might be helpful). Ever since, whenever I go over to that area of the map, Trainz crashes and I get this C++ Error.

Untitled-24.jpg

I am using
Trainz 2012 (32 Bit)
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Intel Core i5-2450
6GB Ram

And I also have the 2005,2008, and 2012 Visual C++ Redistributable packages installed.

Any help would be appreciated greatly,
Thank you!

-David

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm.......I know nothing of that error unfortunately. It could be something in Trainz too, what assets are you using near the portal? like trees, buildings, or other similar assets. I would also suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling Trainz to the same directory file.

Hi Haddock,

I'm not using any new assets other than ones already around the map. These being some speedtrees and some of dmdrake's buildings. I'll think about re-installing Trainz as a last resort however.

David

There seem to be a number of other users in different threads complaining about the latest Win 8.1 update creating problems running Trainz. Maybe the OS itself is causing C++ to throw this error.

- Glenn

David

There seem to be a number of other users in different threads complaining about the latest Win 8.1 update creating problems running Trainz. Maybe the OS itself is causing C++ to throw this error.

- Glenn

You might have a point there. I'm thinking about getting Windows 7 instead of Windows 8. Shane (shaneturner12) would probly be of more help than us. When it comes to trainz technical problems, hes the one to ask.

I don't think it's so much Windows 8.1 that's the problem as I'm running it myself without issues.

David,

Are you running Trainz as Administrator? You would need to do this even if you were running Windows 7.

John

Hey JCitron,

I didn't think 8.1 was the problem either, I didn't have any problems with it earlier.
Yes I am running it as an administrator, and the error is still occurring.
I would like to delete the portal to see if it is the problem, however I can't even get close to it to do so. . .

Hi David,

If you want to delete the portal open CMP and delete it there, then start Trainz, go to 'main menu' and select delete missing assets. Click on delete missing assets and confirm then save the route or session.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Bill,

Thanks for that info, I didn't even think of doing that. I'll let you know the results when I can get around to it.

-David

Hello,

It seems to be that the portal was causing the issue, it stopped as soon as the asset was removed from the database.

Thank you all for your help! Although I'm still a little confused as to why a portal would cause this issue.

-David

Back