Bush Spline are partially black in color

From examining the spline the black or darker colour is on only one side of each plant branch/blade - each plant in the spline is made from a small number of intersecting branches or "blades". The dark colour is not a shadow effect as it is independent of the sun direction. I would conclude that the colour is built into the asset itself. This means it cannot be easily changed without cloning and possibly editing its texture files. My opinion.

I'm thinking its maybe a shadow issue! I'm also having a shadow issue with a locomotive inside a cab, I'm not overall concerned about it which is why I haven't mentioned it until now. But inside the cab while having shadows turned on either 'Low, Medium, High or Ultra' there's some strange effect pretty much similar to your issue.

I've turned off shadows, I'd prefer to have it on though because having a shadowless view outside the train makes it look weird. But it is what it is, I have no choice to disable the shadows completely

Just a thought, that's my opinion ;)

Last edited:
I tried to turn off the shadows, but unfortunately it didn't help.

It has to do with lighting. If the side of the spline is turned towards the light, then it has a normal color, if it is in the shadow, it turns black.
I think it was possible to fix it if only it was possible to remove the color change depending on the direction of illumination.

Last edited:
You could contact the author of the asset and see what he/she would be able to do to resolve the issue. That's all I can think of mate

This is a built-in spline version 4.8, I think made specifically for TS19. Can someone check with yourself , is this an isolated case and only for me?

Last edited:
I have TS19 (SP5) and cannot find that spline installed or on the DLS, so unfortunately, I cannot examine it for you. What you describe as "black" is actually dark green, so it may be a deliberate (but bad) artistic choice. If you can open the asset for edit and see the texture images, they might show the same dark and light green areas. In that case, there is nothing you can do.

These bushes are on ECML Edinburgh - Dundee route:

The textures look like this:

Last edited:
I only have ECML Edinburgh - Kings Cross and it doesn't use Bush Spline 3 - seasonal, but it does use Bush Spline 2 - Seasonal <kuid2:661281:44162:3>. I couldn't open its *.texture files with Images2tga, only look at the asset using CM's asset preview. That one shows a similar mix of light brown and dark green patches even on the same plane. So maybe it's not an error but the author deliberately made it like that.

I only have ECML Edinburgh - Kings Cross and it doesn't use Bush Spline 3 - seasonal, but it does use Bush Spline 2 - Seasonal <kuid2:661281:44162:3>. I couldn't open its *.texture files with Images2tga, only look at the asset using CM's asset preview. That one shows a similar mix of light brown and dark green patches even on the same plane. So maybe it's not an error but the author deliberately made it like that.
I have ECML Edinburgh - Kings Cross too and it use Bush Spline 2 - Seasonal <kuid2:661281:44162:3>. I look at the asset using CMs asset preview and it's not green, but brown and black.
It turns out that it looks different for everyone.

I noticed that not only these are being rendered incorrectly. I tried another one, not quite new
<kuid2:328583:3617:1> JVC Grass 412 green group, and it's also, one side is normal, the other is black.
Apparently, I'm the only one with this issue and I can't figure out what it might be related to.

This is how Bush Spline 2 looks on my PC in TS19 (SP5) with Sun at about 10:00 in the morning as I walk around the circle.

The textures are fairly even at whatever angle I view from, although of course the side facing away from the sun gets darker due to shadow, but everything changes consistently. There's no mix of very light and very dark shades in one bush. My video card is a nVidia 3090 Ti. Could your problem be the video card or its driver?

2Q2zxcZ.jpg

adqsISL.jpg

dDDOEYF.jpg

Back