BNSF Abo Canyon

mrjunction

If it rides on Rails....
Hi all,
Last Weekend I traveled to the Albuquerque area to attend a wedding.I found enough extra time to travel out to Abo Canyon and take some photos. They were taken between West Sais and Bridge #1 heading into the single track Abo Canyon Area on the early morning hours of April 5 and 6.The Big Horn sheep were an added bonus.I believe I have provided a link to 36 images via a Photobucket link.They should be in a slide show format. Enjoy........I sure enjoyed taking them. Randy

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/mrjunction/Abo Canyon/?albumview=slideshow

Busy Indeed

Very nice! Looks like a busy section of line there.
Busy Indeed!
This is the last section of single track on the super-busy BNSF transcon from Chicago to LA It is quite a bottleneck,and has a constant parade of trains.BNSF is in the process of double-tracking it,but there are many bridges and hills in the way.In the photos showing the bridge,if you look in the background,you will see construction supplies being stockpiled.Regards,Randy

You lucky fellah! You've got some excellent shots in that line up, congratulations. I can practically hear the rattlers and gila monsters slithering about in that desert! :hehe:

What freaks me out about your shots is that I recognise every location; except that I've never been there! I've just driven the TRS version many times now. I guess it's testament to the brilliance of the TRS creators; well done.

Cheers

Nix

Dermmys Clovis Sub

You lucky fellah! You've got some excellent shots in that line up, congratulations. I can practically hear the rattlers and gila monsters slithering about in that desert! :hehe:

What freaks me out about your shots is that I recognise every location; except that I've never been there! I've just driven the TRS version many times now. I guess it's testament to the brilliance of the TRS creators; well done.

Cheers

Nix

I know what you mean!!! this is a testament to the accuracy of Dermmys BEAUTIFUL Clovis sub route.I was inspired to seek out this location after seeing that Route.I spent much time on Google Earth plotting exactly where I wanted to be.The only issues were whether there were locked gates or if the gravel and dirt roads would accommodate me and my Mini van.It was four miles in on a relatively easy to drive dirt road and a little bit of hiking!Once I reached that Quartz rock overlooking that sweeping curve and bridge #1,I had a smile from ear to ear.I must be a total geek!!!!Regards,Randy

The Sheep, need to be on the DLS...

8) Very well taken, every pic is great...Thanks!

Strangely familiar...though...

beautiful photos mrjunction, and thanks for yours and Nix' comments - greatly appreciated!

Andy :)

Back