Back Doors In Software Or Programs

Do you consult the computer gods too by placing a computer's entrails at the feet of the Oracle? :)

Nothing manmade is perfect, even computer software and operating systems. This is why we have multiple levels of protection via many different methods including antimalware software and firewalls, and modern operating systems which can, for the most part, heal themselves and protect from intrusion with data protection.

If you feel your systems have been compromised, I suggest running various antimalware packages and perhaps reinstalling your operating system and programs.

John

This just has to be the most exciting thread on the forum at the moment. It's like a murder mystery with a bit of X Files thrown in. Can't wait for the final episode where the hacker is revealed and we find out why he chose to attack your spell checker.

And the "Plot thickens" - was it the Chief Engineer? Or maybe the Conductor? Computer users are very vulnerable to "spirits" these should not be mixed with effervescent waters otherwise your GUI will be DUI and all things Tane will vaporize in a cloud of mystic pink fairy dust - stay tuned for part 2 - whereby the keyboard does a Irish laptop dance and causes the delete key to randomly think it is an insert key and creates weird spirit words to appear randomly on the "BSOD" every time Tane crashes to the desktop.

This is the best thread on the forums at the moment let the saga continue.......................

Is this a secret code number or a cricket score???

42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. (Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Although it might refer to Austalia's score of 42 against England in 1888.

I did consult the Oracle twice in my computing career. The first time was when I was attempting to resolve a rather complex problem. I gathered the entrails from the a computer I sacrificed for slaughter, and placed the entrails (power supply) on the floor and muttered out loud. A short time later the problem was resolved....

A number of years later, I then worked for the Oracle... There I evoked the spirit within when connecting Blackberries to the Beehive as this was a rather complex and convoluted process....

I also do remember the "night of the blackberries" left me with a weird taste in the mouth and a colourful tongue (verbal expletives etc!).
We need Sherlock on this case - and maybe Watson as well!

The 'Pink Panther' certainly has a hand in this ... h'mmm 42, 42, 42, ... I guess it's not cricket - It's time for a 'Toska'

Roy3b3

We found out who it was gone out of our hands

The opening post has suddenly been replaced by this incomprehensible sentence. Is it trying to say that the perpetrator was discovered and matters are in now in the hands of the police? Plain English will do.

Last edited:
Best thread in years. This was what forums were made for.

2upwaw7.jpg

It's "Back to the Future XXX" and a Delorian has just crashed the scene - the "Good Doctor" has succeeded in patching Tane and reskinning every locomotive to be able to float above the rails.

Back