Australian Made, Australian Grown

Drucifer

Member Since 20 Oct 2001
Auran first game developer to carry Australian Made logo
Australian game developer Auran Games has become the country’s first computer game developer to carry the famous Australian Made, Australian Grown logo on computer games.

The logo is set to accompany a range of Auran Games’ titles including Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006, Trainz Classics and upcoming PVP MMO, Fury (set to launch in October).

Auran CEO, Tony Hilliam says he’s excited to be involved in the program:

As one of the oldest and largest independent game developers in Australia I’m very happy to see that Auran will be the first to use the Australian Made logo.

Aussie gamers will now be able to support world class games that were developed right on their doorstep. From the birth of the idea, through to development, investment, packing, shipping and marketing, we do it all ourselves. With the support from our local market, we’re really very proud to take our products to the world.

The Australian Made, Australian Grown logo is celebrating its 21st birthday this year and can now be found on 10,000 products sold here and around the world.

We know that consumers trust, recognise and actively look for the logo and to now have the logo on Auran’s computer games is great. Auran joins some of Australia’s most innovative businesses, who already carry the stylised kangaroo on a wide range of products, says Australian Made, Australian Grown Campaign Chief Executive Ian Harrison.

Only products registered with the Australian Made, Australian Grown Campaign may carry the certification trade mark.

Media contacts:
Australian Made, Australian Grown Campaign: Vibeke Stisen 0448 110 301​

Auran Games: Ashwin Segkar 07 3358 8888.​

Auran PR: Martin Wilkes 0421 568 434​
The Market for Home Computing and Video Games

Makes me feel patriotic :D

now where's my Aussie flag...

250px-Australianflagatnewport.JPG

YAY!!!!! About time a game company got recognition. Now where is that box???
The only other things I found it on in the house was: a box of Capral Aluminium foil and A tin of Golden Circle tinned peaches.

Both old.
Patriotic yes,

Australians all make us rejoice,
'Cause we are young and free,
Our golden soils are land for toils,
Our land is girt by sea,
Our lands abound in natures gifts,
Of beauty, rich and rare,
In nature's page let every stage,
Advance Australia Fair

Enjoyful (Something I have forgotten) will let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair

Insert second verse here.

Last edited:
Better correct you before it gets nasty ;)

Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia fair,
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands,
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia fair.

Now sing it 50 times until you know it backwards!

When I was in school, I was given a week of detention for singing Dirt by sea, instead of girt by sea.
Now, if someone had given me the lyrics, that wouldn't have happened!!

Wow! That's amazing stuff.........
I didn't even know you had aluminum foil down there! :wave:
Just joking guys....you are right to have a little nationalistic pride.

Ed

Ah,
The marvels of the Queensland Education system. We don't know the whole national anthem and we don't even know the first verse properley. That was (Apart from the 'Cause bit) was how it was taught to me.

PS. It has been a long time since I have sung it.

Last edited:
Now we've got it stamped it's ready to sell off like everything else that was Australian made Australian Grown.

Dave

I hope I'm not the only Aussie that thinks that the only place for one of those pesky kangaroos is on the dinner plate. Lovely.

But this is great news for Auran. I certainly hope they stay Aussie. There's very few large international software companies that will actually do something different like Trainz, and continue to support it for the best part of a decade...

I hope I'm not the only Aussie that thinks that the only place for one of those pesky kangaroos is on the dinner plate. Lovely.

Well they advertise eat red meat 3 times a week and with the drought & the price of steak ? It puts a little bit of Australia in all of us.

Dave

Well its nice to know that they are pointing out the fact that their games aren't made by a bunch of Indian interns and the disc's made and written in China:p

WileeCoyote:D

Originally posted by Pikkabird
We even know how to spell (and pronounce) "aluminium" properly.
I hadn't noticed that myself... I think I'm picking up bad habits from these "QLDers"... :hehe:

It is nice to see another Aussie establishment being marked Aussie made and grown. It would be a real shame if we lost Auran to an international company.

Chris
(psycho_aussie)

Look at my first post. It is number three. It is about the Australian made, Australian grown logo.

But this is great news for Auran. I certainly hope they stay Aussie. There's very few large international software companies that will actually do something different like Trainz, and continue to support it for the best part of a decade...

The Japanese tourists like them a lot. Look not Eat.

roo in the stew

Been up and down the Hume goat track quite a bit over the last few weeks, moving and stuff, got the road-kill-roo count down to about 1 every 500 meters in some spots.

Went to a swap meet this morning, was a bit of a let down, had fresh roo on the front of the hilux but could no even get a side of lamb for it.

Back