Auran Developments News

I haven't seen anything saying that Lance, and Alan have been laid off. why are trainzers so big into jumping to conclusions. yes it said that some of the team has been re-hired. but no specifics.

peter

Trust me PerRock, they have lost their jobs, Aidan is now the producer, with James (Bloodnok) and Megan rounding out the trainz team. There is no helpdesk for the time being (people are being referred to here), but I believe the forum and DLS are safe for the moment. They are still focussed on TC3, but what happens from there, no-one knows or is saying.

This is not conjecture, this is directly from those who used to work there.

Cheers
Tony

Trust me PerRock, they have lost their jobs, Aidan is now the producer, with James (Bloodnok) and Megan rounding out the trainz team. There is no helpdesk for the time being (people are being referred to here), but I believe the forum and DLS are safe for the moment. They are still focussed on TC3, but what happens from there, no-one knows or is saying.

This is not conjecture, this is directly from those who used to work there.

Cheers
Tony

Thank you, Tony, for your info. I have no doubt you have direct touch with our friends (who used to work here ;)).

I had just asked for this info on this other thread related to this 'nobody's land' situation...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=210310&postcount=65

Take care,

Alberte :wave:

I was just about to link to that post :)

Certainly good news for Trainz, and it has clarified a lot of the speculation that was going on. It's very sad to see that Lance and Alan have been made redundant, particularly at this time of year. I can't imagine how low they are going to be feeling over Christmas and can only wish them the best.

I can't believe some of what I've read on the USLW forum, it's absolutely sickening to think there are people with such callous views in the world, let alone within our community. For a person to wish for someone else to end up jobless and on the streets over Christmas is not only cold but it's downright SAD when you think it's all because of a game. Makes you wonder how much time these people must spend in front of their computers to be so disconnected from reality. I have actually cancelled my account at USLW and would suggest others do the same in support of Auran, and more importantly in support of the brew crew.

On the plus side (as hard as it is to see a plus side in a situation like this) it is good to see that Rob will be back on board, and I'm relieved that bloodnok (James) still has his job, as being made redundant by a company you've moved halfway across the world to work for would be even more of a kick in the teeth than usual.

Here's hoping things will sort themselves out.

JB

Aiden

If you read this, are you able to give any information on the position of Greg Lane, (mentioned a few posts back) who the longer serving customers here have a great regard for?

The info you have now give us is very helpful, and seems to change the picture we got from Tony Hilliam's post (though the news from other Australian sites gave some forewarning of the current state of affairs).
Obviously it's a very fluid situation and will constantly change (as a 60 year old professional accountant I am only too aware of the predicament you are all in).

I don't imagine that Trainz actually produces much real ongoing income for Auran so I hope you and you colleagues can hang in and keep up what must inevitably a very limited level of support in this difficult time.

There is a customer base out here second to none that is much more than just a commercial relationship, which I hope my Australian counterparts recognise?

I just want you to know that I really appeciate the Trainz simulator Programs very much and a Company
that backs their product. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! Thank you and happy holidays form Quincy Wa. USA.
I'm also saddend to here that employees had to be let go at this time of year ( I know what it feels like!) MY hats off to them. I hope they will be employed soon.

Last edited:
I would like to wish Lance, Alan, well and good luck in the upcoming year.

Hopefully things will settle down, and Lance maybe rehired again by Auran Games. I've been through this mess a couple of times, and it is really bone jarring especially at this time of year. This last round of cuts pared my company down to 12 people from 30!

John

IOne thing that came to mind was the DLS, but with what I just read maybe trainz, the community, the DLS ... still have a lifeline attached!
Yikes, another person posted what I was about to post about.

Yes, what about the download station (DLS) & checking the uploads to the DLS?

There are many people still saying that not all of Auran are in danger, and that the Trainz franchise is safe.

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>

They would have been better off sticking with a genre that they had a foot-hold in, and pushed forward with that instead (much like Greg's original RSP vision).

I just hope that they can salvage something so that the remaining staff keep their jobs.

Fearing the worst, but hoping for the best,
Smiley.

Thanks Smiley
I read it the same way too!
May I also pass my sincerest thanks to all of the workers at Auran for the hours of fun that you have provided me and my friends with. For helping me meet some of the nicest people in the Trainz Community. Despite my run ins over the years with Auran management, I also thank you for developing this sim as far as you have.
Good people are always in demand. Believe in yourselves and know that you will be soon employed once again. Now put it all behind you, have a happy Christmas and the best will be waiting for you in 2008, of this I am certain.
My biggest regret? now we will never get to run it on line. That was the mistake Auran made, probably less than a million lost on Fury could have brought Greg's Professional Trainz into being and put it on line! Damn!!
But Cheers Anyway:D
Rod

Hey all

Basically what you see is what you get. Remember it's the hols and maybe with the new year things will all come together as you want it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays :)

AJ

Lo_Poly, I agree with you, totally. We shouldn't butt in, unless it directly affects us and how we will be able to continue to develop content in the future.

The other thing is that the community, which I thought would club together and help Auran, seems to be drifting apart from each other (from my perspective). Yes, I know, Auran released a game they thought would be the best thing since sliced bread, then ended up being the opposite, but this sort of thing is a risky business.

You also want to get the game out during the time of year that you would make the most money... guess what time of year that is guys?
So yes, Auran didn't make the best decision, they thought they had it nailed, but were too far away, yes they have a deadicated team they had to downsize, but in the end, they have to claw back what they got and try to keep the company afloat for as long as possible. (And sales of games ain't going to quite cut it for some time yet.)

Now, if we are really are dedicated to see Trainz (And I think Tony Hillian(Sp?) is going to hate me for this) and Fury continue, or just even one of them, I think donations are the best way. If we all paid a small amount, like $15 each, multiplied by 150,000 or so (rough estimate), then Auran on that amount could continue their developments, sort their high and low priority debts and even rehire some of the faces we know for a month. And if I am honest, this is what I think the community should be doing. Besides, Auran created the program.....!

Those are my thoughts.

Mate
not really the time, as the accountants would never let your donations do much good. However in a few months time when the dust settles, I am sure, if Trainz survives, we can all go out and spend some dollars to fill up the cookie jar once more :D
I had no idea it was this close, but I went and bought a few routes last week, stuff I had already downloaded, but I guess it will help with the redundancies
Rod

Hey all

Basically what you see is what you get. Remember it's the hols and maybe with the new year things will all come together as you want it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays :)

AJ

Yeah, Cheers AJ!
I guess you know what I want for Christmas :hehe:
But you don't much look like Santa to me :D
Cheers
Rod

Hi All,

This is a dark time for Auran, we have had to down size in all aspects of the company. Trainz is still going ahead the current Team is Me (Aidan) Lead Programmer/Co-producer, James Moody Programmer/Community Manager, Megan Berry 2D/3D Artist. Rob will be back very soon we hope too.

Trainz is going to continue to keep going ahead and it is very sad to see these people go, but it was a decision that had to be made for the sake of the project. Trainz IP is held but Auran Games and this is a profitable company!!! Auran Developments which is a separate company is the company that when into adminstration this company hired all the staff, hence why they were all fired. Thus the Trainz IP as well as all the products related to Trainz are still owned by Auran (ITrainz, DLS, Source Code and Art source).

I see so, so the part of Auran that owns Trainz has not gone into administration or am I reading this incorrectly?

Back