Asset identification required.

Stationbeem

Over 60's Club
Can anybody please help identify what these assets are.

They are apparently not on the DLS'

They were on my original route "Tristyn and District GWR Winter"

"Download Station - Dependency Notification

To:
You
Mon 18/12/2023 04:01
Dear stationbeem,

Your uploaded content is currently waiting approval. During the automated processing of your file the dependencies were checked and the below report was produced.

This report lists your content that has dependencies which are not currently on the Download Station:

Content: Tristyn & District GWR Winter//TRS2022 <KUID:395120:100091>

Dependencies:
- <KUID2:151900:500307:2>
- <KUID2:1942:25027:2>
francelinetony
- <KUID2:330374:1019:51>
- <KUID2:35412:28282:1>
- <KUID2:35412:28299:1>
Bloodnok:
- <KUID2:60850:23113:6>
- <KUID2:68236:23301:3>
tolaris
- <KUID2:9:35004:1>

Regards,
The Trainz Team"

This route has a different kuid no to differentiate it from the TRS2012 route but things seem to have wrong. It also has 4 sessions affixed which were
not created.
Any help is appreciated.
Regards Dave.

Edit............Removed e-mails.

Last edited:
4 of the assets are Packaged, which means that are part of a DLC package you installed but are NOT on the DLS.

<kuid2:9:35004:1> pl ballast2b
<kuid2:1942:25027:2> Town Terrace 6 far
<kuid2:330374:1019:51> Sig AS mechanical shunting disc double RH - L-S feathers
<kuid2:60850:23113:6> Sound Horn

None of the others are on the DLS.

What you have to do is use Content Manager to identify each of the missing assets - they are obviously installed on your system (from unknown sources) so they should show up.

Once you have identified them, then either:-
  • find a suitable replacement for each one that is Built-in or Installed from the DLS, and use the Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool to swap them, or
  • if no suitable replacement is available and the asset(s) are not critical then delete them from your route/sessions.
Once your route has been purged of assets that cannot be found then upload it again. It will replace the faulty one that will still be waiting for your final approval.

I have a system where I check every route/session for assets that will not be found on the DLS, or built into the version of Trainz, before I upload. See the Trainz Wiki at Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels. I am also running a copy of TRS22 that has no DLC or Third Party assets installed so I am able to check a route or session for any missing (and therefore non-standard) assets.

Last edited:
As many routes and assets I have downloaded with unknown dependencies, is this just a warning? There's no way they can be rejecting the route because of unknowns, I think you would be the first. I once heard that they would reject assets with unknowns, but every day proves that is not happening.

But, to add what Forester1 has said, if your route contains Unknown Assets (that even you cannot find) then the poor "sods" who download and install it will also have assets that they cannot find. That is a great advertisement for your quality control.

Whenever that happens to me I simply delete the downloaded route and never bother with that creator again. There are not enough years left for me to keep playing the "Hunt the missing asset" game.

I think in all cases, an earlier version of those assets exists on the DLS. If you edit the route config.txt kuid-table to revert the assets concerned to the base kuid number <kuid:xxxxx:xxxxx>, then CM should be able to download them - or they will be skipped if the the packaged version is installed.

Personally I feel a good route is always worth having even if there are a few missing or problem assets. Nearly all the downloaded routes I have have a few kuids missing but they have little or no effect on enjoyment of the route. Most of the time the missing assets are not evident and if there is a conspicuous gap you can always substitute something of your own choice. But I respect that that's not everyone's cup of tea.

That is what I don't understand as I have these routes installed.
Will do some investigating.
It is the version number that is the problem.

E.g. <kuid2:330374:1019:51> Sig AS mechanical shunting disc double RH - L-S feathers

This asset is on the DLS as <kuid:330374:1019>. It has been up-rev'd to version :51 for use in the S&C DLC package, and then used on your route. Version :51 is not on the DLS, only in the DLC package.

I was greatly looking forward to downloading the route stationbeem, notwithstanding a few missing assets, only to find that the route is marked 'incompatible.'. I'm in TRS22 and the route is shown as being in TRS22 so I'm a bit baffled by the incompatibility........?

It is the version number that is the problem.

E.g. <kuid2:330374:1019:51> Sig AS mechanical shunting disc double RH - L-S feathers

This asset is on the DLS as <kuid:330374:1019>. It has been up-rev'd to version :51 for use in the S&C DLC package, and then used on your route. Version :51 is not on the DLS, only in the DLC package.
This is an issue I've run into many times and also the opposite where the route I installed is looking for the original asset and all I have installed is the updated version and I still end up with missing assets.

I was told by management that this isn't an issue. The issue is the explicit asset is referenced instead of just the KUID without the version. It's a bug that no one wants to fix. The only way I've gotten around this was to download the older one from the DLS and fake the version in there to match the missing one on my route(s). Frustrating!

I was greatly looking forward to downloading the route stationbeem, notwithstanding a few missing assets, only to find that the route is marked 'incompatible.'. I'm in TRS22 and the route is shown as being in TRS22 so I'm a bit baffled by the incompatibility........?
It's Trainz + 123794 build 5.4. The one on the DLS is wrong.

the route is marked 'incompatible.'. I'm in TRS22 and the route is shown as being in TRS22 so I'm a bit baffled by the incompatibility........?
Do you have Trainz Plus? If the route has HD terrain then it will be incompatible with TRS22.

EDIT: I just tested converting a route from 10m resolution to HD using Trainz Plus and exporting it as a .cdp file. I then loaded it into TRS22PE and it loaded without issues. But there was no actual HD terrain in the route, just the conversion from 10m to HD.

Last edited:
Well now I am confused. I just transferred the route to an external hard-drive and deleted from the main programme. Have downloaded from DLS and it has installed with no missing assets.
So it seems as if there is some sort of glitch in the automated processing.
Looks like it is resolved.

Thank you all for your contributions. Regards Dave.

Back