Ashburton Latout by razor

dzien50

Hi

re the above layout ( new on the DLS ) I've downloaded it but it has no track. I've checked the download page but there is no track showing here. So could someone tell me which track its supposed to use and the kuid No.

Cheers
PJ

Pull it up in CMP, and right click, view dependencies, it *should* show you a KUID ID with a ? next to it, try dragging the route into the download manager of CMP and if the dependencies are on the DLS, it should find and dowload them for you.

Yeah I've already done that but its not on the DLS so I don't know what track has been used or where to get it, its been downloaded a few times by others so hopefully someone has the answer.
Cheers
PJ

I can't as always there are loads of missing kuids so even if one of them is the track I don't know which one it is but none of them are on the DLS

Cheers
PJ

Go back to the DLS and find the route, select the download page option. Scrolling down you will find a list of additional assets needed.
I see you've done that so no help at all .

Last edited:
Aye, but if said item is a dependency, but isn't on the DLS (as I suspect, a LOT of stuff ON the DLS, links to dependencies not on the DLS sadly), best advice, put the KUID into google and start searching, I've been finding it quite useful, but also, there's a heap of dead links from our Russian friends (site up today, gone in under a week) and some content is genuinely...lost.

Alright - tracks are HERE.... http://www.ar-system.cz/data/mstsg/TRS_tracks_set_1.zip and tehre's one 'built-in' item, KUID:-311061 - quick search of google linked me to the website with the track...amazing what alittle patience can achieve.....

Last edited:
This is an excellent small layout which I'm currently enjoying 'upgrading' with additional assets. However, for unknown reasons, the layout creator has used an obscure German track by Trunda that is not available on the Download Station but has to be downloaded from a German website: http://www.trainzdepot.net/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=284&loc=English. The cdp then installs 63 tracks into CMP! Only one of these is required for the layout, the rest just take up disc space. I have now swapped this track for the UK Bullhead 2009 track which is a considerable improvement.

I don't think creators help their own cause when they reference assets that are not on the DLS, have to be obtained from obscure foreign websites and fail to provide any warning, guidance or instructions for the hapless individuals who are downloading their creations!

That said, it is a very attactive small UK rural branchline layout and I'd recommend it to anyone who has the time and patience to deal with the track issue.

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes I agree with you, it seems to make no sense to create a nice layout then make it hard to find vital assets ( ie track !!! ) I think as its a small layout I will do as you have done and relay the track.

But please creators, you make some wonderful layouts and to use an old sales term K.I.S.S !!

Cheers
PJ

hi sorry my layout has caused a lot of hassle for some people but the reason i used the track that i used is because i dont like the LOD issues that is associated with using the new bullhead track in future even though i will carry on using the track that i have used i will use a track that is available on the dls sorry again for the issues.

Hi Razor, no need for apologies, we all have the right to use whatever track we like! It is helpful though, if using a non-DLS asset, to provide a reference so people can go off and find it.

Re. your layout - I've really enjoyed 'super-detailing' it, but I didn't realise it's a prototypical one - having checked against the original, I like it even more! I hope you don't mind if I post some screenshots, which I'm going to distinguish by calling it 'Asburton', ie. a fictitious layout.

Paul

Back