Article: Trainz: A New Era Pre-Order Offer Extended By Popular Demand

LMAO they missed the set release date for the CE version and say now it SHOULD be out by the 15th and then POW more hype there is a limited number of the collectors edition LOL think it was 2000 at start and when i ordered mine in august or october they said only 200 left some popular pre order demand LMAO

becky

Last edited:
Well there is one thing if the faults keep getting worse I may be amongst those asking for my money back, if this is what is in store then I am not impressed.
I and my brother like creating, the best one that we have seen was the 2010, t12 had a lot of changes and many not good, like my brother we both did not buy it, he has been with trainz from 2004. There is no real update content in this CE edition to work with, I have already found many faults. I am disappointed that the good stuff in 2010 can not be used, there were good stations, and many locos to pick from, you could stay all steam like my brother, or mix it up like I have done. Many hours of work and enjoyment go into making layouts, now I am told that we can not use it, It was said that it would be so NV3, will fail with TANE, if it douse not listen and read the forum input.
many of up pledge support many months ago, and paid money up front in support. Now to find out that to me its content is extremely poor, good graphics will not help, but they have old slab sided trees that do not look real, building that are second rate. Sorry but that is my and my brothers opinion, we will continue to build layouts, and hope when we get the disks that we have paid for is far better than what we have to work with now. and by the way we are both over sixty and not kids.

Well there is one thing if the faults keep getting worse I may be amongst those asking for my money back, if this is what is in store then I am not impressed.
I and my brother like creating, the best one that we have seen was the 2010, t12 had a lot of changes and many not good, like my brother we both did not buy it, he has been with trainz from 2004. There is no real update content in this CE edition to work with, I have already found many faults. I am disappointed that the good stuff in 2010 can not be used, there were good stations, and many locos to pick from, you could stay all steam like my brother, or mix it up like I have done. Many hours of work and enjoyment go into making layouts, now I am told that we can not use it, It was said that it would be so NV3, will fail with TANE, if it douse not listen and read the forum input.
many of up pledge support many months ago, and paid money up front in support. Now to find out that to me its content is extremely poor, good graphics will not help, but they have old slab sided trees that do not look real, building that are second rate. Sorry but that is my and my brothers opinion, we will continue to build layouts, and hope when we get the disks that we have paid for is far better than what we have to work with now. and by the way we are both over sixty and not kids.

Be patient and wait until the final release. It's a very big and fairly complex project and the CE Edition basically is a beta that's trying to raise a bit of cash to help with the cash flow. TS12 is actually fairly stable and its not that expensive. There have been a number of improvements over TS2010 and currently it's my preferred version and not only because the potteries loop uses it. There are some scripting enhancements that mean more stable scripts so some of my content is now TS12 because of this. Quite a bit of content has been corrected to TS12 and its the corrected content which really is TS12's strong point.

N3V is stuck between a rock and a hard place, it's taking more time to get out TANE than expected, they haven't yet released any details to content creators, and so far there doesn't seem to be any major improvements which would mean the world queuing up to purchase it.

Cheerio John

Hi Johnwhelan

I understand, that this is giving us that are long time followers a pre view, and we may find some problems that you have no come across as yet.

But it still looks second rate content, the 2015 farming by giant has problems even now but at least you have a good range of content to look at, my point, there was a lot of good stuff in 2010 so why throw away so much work, if this content was made to work in TANE, I do have a lot of problems now with the way they have done the spine content, it seems this was done in 2012 and continued here, to me not a good move.
A question, another company brought out TS2014, it looks so similar in the pack, and is rubbish, I bought it with out paying closer attention until I go home, it may have given the NV3 trainz a bad name I am not sure but just my opinion.
I have been in tough with the CEO, but now contact Brendon, but it is holiday at the moment, I will be sending him an up date email shortly.

Hi Johnwhelan

I understand, that this is giving us that are long time followers a pre view, and we may find some problems that you have no come across as yet.

But it still looks second rate content, the 2015 farming by giant has problems even now but at least you have a good range of content to look at, my point, there was a lot of good stuff in 2010 so why throw away so much work, if this content was made to work in TANE, I do have a lot of problems now with the way they have done the spine content, it seems this was done in 2012 and continued here, to me not a good move.
A question, another company brought out TS2014, it looks so similar in the pack, and is rubbish, I bought it with out paying closer attention until I go home, it may have given the NV3 trainz a bad name I am not sure but just my opinion.
I have been in tough with the CEO, but now contact Brendon, but it is holiday at the moment, I will be sending him an up date email shortly.

Error free content made for TRS2004 will usually work with TS12. There are some exceptions splines for example and the scripts used in TRS2004 could crash the game anyway, they could change each others internal values. TC3 introduced new steam engine specs and TS12 has yet another update for these. TS12 error checking is tighter than TS2010 but correct the errors it finds and the assets will run in both TS2010 and TS12.

The design goal for TANE is to be able to use assets that will run under TS12 SP4. I still have over 700 assets that are TRS2004 level on the DLS. As far as I'm aware they run under TS12 SP4. I have made some later versions, my newer wagons for example use lod in a much better way so performance is better and I use larger textures these days so they look a little better but 700 still working isn't bad.

With TRS2004 I recall spending hours correcting errors with tafweb's tools. Most of these are done now using the DLS clean up process which also updates the version number unfortunately so to get the cleanest content you really do need TS12 but even so most TS2010 content should run in TS12.

TANE CE is a different animal, its not finished, Paulhobbs comment was creating or correcting content for TANE is a moving target. Jointed Rail have said they're waiting until the full finished product is released.

I'm waiting to see what TANE is when its finished. I haven't purchased it yet and until I know what advantages it offers and what hardware it needs I probably won't. TS12 will do me fine. I have two versions running the preDRM version and SP4. I spend more time in the pre-DRM version simply because if N3V doesn't get its sums right and goes under I don't wish to get locked out of any work I've done.

Cheerio John

Johnwhelan thank you for a reply, I have pre-purchased several months ago, and I have many hours and so has my brother of layout in 2010, we did not purchase TS12 as we saw through the forums that there was many problems. If I did purchase TS12 now will it help, and can 2010 work in TS12, sorry but I still think that 2010 was the best.
so it seems that you have no connection with the NV3 management of this TANE it also seem to me that they are not looking at any of reported faults in this CE edidtion if they do look at them it should help before the release in feb of the finished disks.

Johnwhelan thank you for a reply, I have pre-purchased several months ago, and I have many hours and so has my brother of layout in 2010, we did not purchase TS12 as we saw through the forums that there was many problems. If I did purchase TS12 now will it help, and can 2010 work in TS12, sorry but I still think that 2010 was the best.
so it seems that you have no connection with the NV3 management of this TANE it also seem to me that they are not looking at any of reported faults in this CE edidtion if they do look at them it should help before the release in feb of the finished disks.

I work with one or two people who build UK routes and they've mentioned something called layers in TS12 which is different to TS2010 but just using it my TS2010 layouts appeared to just import into TS12. I think at this stage they are snowed under with feedback from over 1,000 TANE beta testers and personally I think they have a long way to go yet before release. Possibly the download version available Feb 28th with a service update in say May? and hopefully stable by September. Remember I'm not involved with N3V so these are just guesstimates based on forty years of commercial programming and seeing projects 95% complete for two years.

There were some problems reported in the forums with TS12 but from what I've seen of it and the comments from the group I model with its the most stable and robust version yet mind you we do mainly UK stuff so you might be different.

Cheerio John

john my brother is in rugby uk, I am in Melbourne Australia there are problems with the UK KX to Edinburgh I gave up but my brother is doing little bits at a time, we are not ones to just drive, but more into making layouts, so a selection a good locos and rolling stock is a must, industries that work, I could not find a flower mill, a forestry, or an oil well to feed the refinery. saw mill? and storage crop silos that work. you may be right maybe it will not happen in Feb just an update, so far I am not impressed..

john my brother is in rugby uk, I am in Melbourne Australia there are problems with the UK KX to Edinburgh I gave up but my brother is doing little bits at a time, we are not ones to just drive, but more into making layouts, so a selection a good locos and rolling stock is a must, industries that work, I could not find a flower mill, a forestry, or an oil well to feed the refinery. saw mill? and storage crop silos that work. you may be right maybe it will not happen in Feb just an update, so far I am not impressed..

Realistically I'd put TANE on the back burner for the moment, the TANE layouts were I understand built in TS12 or at least the ones I've heard about.

Cheerio John

Well john you may have that option, yes I think that you should wait, but the extra options may not be available but like all new products it is sometimes best until proven.
Like many others I thought that what has been done in the past that there would be away to keep some of you projects that you have spent many hours of work on, but it seems that NV3 has chosen to part with that part that made it so good.
I will have to take a chance that it will get better, I could try to get my money back if it did not perform as it was promised.

Well john you may have that option, yes I think that you should wait, but the extra options may not be available but like all new products it is sometimes best until proven.
Like many others I thought that what has been done in the past that there would be away to keep some of you projects that you have spent many hours of work on, but it seems that NV3 has chosen to part with that part that made it so good.
I will have to take a chance that it will get better, I could try to get my money back if it did not perform as it was promised.

I think something will eventually arrive but the timeframe will be longer than some might like.

Cheerio John

What in your opinion was promised then? As far as I can recall N3V has always used terms such as 'target' and 'goals'.

Paul

Back