Are there any loco headlights from the DLS that illuminate the track?

fen_tiger

Building the Wisbech line
Just a general question I would like to ask, and if anyone could find the answer to this..

My question is this - Are there any Diesel Loco headlights (light coronas) on the DLS that actually illuminate the track directly in front of the loco?

I have a copy of the stand-alone PC game 'Train Driver' and on this game, the loco headlights do illuminate the track, but is this lighting effect also available on Trainz? I wish to re-configure the in-built locos on my game so that their headlights do what they are supposed to do, other than just for basic effect.

Andy.

There are diesel engines built-in in TS12 that do this. That is... if I understand your question correctly.

Check out this screenshot I posted earlier today:
nv_bridge_02.jpg

You can clearly see the light in front of the engine clearing up the ground and tracks.

The engine used here is ATSF GP60M,<kuid2:45324:100060:1>

Not quite.

It's the KUIDS I am looking for (from the DLS), for loco headlight coronas that will enable track illumination / high-beam at night from the loco headlights. These white light corona KUIDS used in the config editor's mesh-table effects sub-folder that control the loco's headlights.

Andy

So the light in the screenshot is not what you are looking for? Could you please try to explain more what it is you are looking for or share a screenshot?

If it is somewhere available on the DLS, it is a type of loco headlight that will illuminate the track in the general forward direction of travel. I'm looking for the KUID and name of this type of loco headlight (as in the screenshot posted above), so I can add the KUID into the config files of the UK diesels I have already re-configured.

Andy

It's nothing to do with an extra asset. The lighting effect is built-in to any loco that has the appropriate light attachment points. See Wiki Page on Vehicle_Attachment_Points.

There are dozens of different corona examples on the DLS if you want to add one. However the light effect will work without specifying a corona if you have the correct attachments.

Good Morning Andy
At this time, it is not possible to 'add' functioning headlights to a locomotive without access to the original mesh,

To have a functioning headlight (that lights up the track, terrain, etc), the locomotive mesh must have the 'a.light0' attachment point in it. This attachment point is used by Trainz to both attach the 'corona' effect, and to tell Trainz that the locomotive has a headlight. If your locomotive does not have this attachment point, then it cannot have a proper Trainz 'headlight' in it.

You may be able to add the attachment point using PEV's Attachment Maker, however you may find that it does not work, especially if Trainz requires the attachment to be in the main 'default' mesh (this is required for some functions in Trainz).

Regards

Back