Archiver help needed

nzld

Have reinstalled TS 2009 on to system running XP Pro,
archiver finds Tranz backup, Tranz backup_2 and Tranz backup_4

but won't load Tranz backup_1 or Tranz backup_3 under settings.

Is there another way I can add them into settings so that I can find them in CMP

Reagards
nzld:confused:

Sorry nzld, I've never used the archiver and don't know how it works. Have you used Explorer to see if you can find the #1 and #3 archives somewhere in the 2009 folder?

nzld

I assume that you refer to the Archive function in CM2. It seems from recent posts that CM2 has dificulties with archives over 2 GB, what size are the two that give you problems?

If they are over 2 GB then I fear that you may not be able to access your content. I hope I am wrong, let's see what others have to say

Peter

Archiver help info

Hi Team,

Tranz backup 2.06GB
Tranz backup_1 2.22GB
Tranz backup_2 2.10GB
Tranz backup_3 2.13GB
Tranz backup_4 540MB

All files show in explorer, and my system is now 64bit OS

It may be significant that the two that won't load are both larger than 2.1 GB. Where did you create them? Was it in the same version of Trainz

You refer to 'Trainz backup', what do you mean by this? I don't associate this with any Trainz or CM function apart from the Archiving facility in CM2.

What Trainz version are you using? Edit- I missed this as well, my apologies.

Peter

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Tranz 2009 SP1, created through CMP2 archiver the archiver split the file up into blocks.

Tranz backup is the first block and Tranz backup is the name I saved it as on my system

I will try creating a greater than 2.l GB file and see if I can re-install it. Do you have access to a host site that will allow you to upload the larger files so I could try them?

Peter

Edit. That didn't work, I don't have enough content to get more than 600MB in the archive.

Last edited:
I will try creating a greter than 2.l GB file and see if I can re-install it. Do you have access to a host site that will allow you to upload the larger files so I could try them?

Peter

Hi Peter,

No Sorry I don't, the funny thing is the files show up in the main archive window but without the file being listed in settings the program can't find it.

This means I could spend the next week re-downloading eveything through DLS but my own content I had not uploaded yet as I was still working out the bugs.

Have you done a 'Select all' and 'Commit' with your archive contents in the main window, that may be where the hang-up is.

Peter

Have you done a 'Select all' and 'Commit' with your archive contents in the main window, that may be where the hang-up is.

Peter

I did try that last night, but I am running it again now.
It would be nice if there was a folder in the program directory where we could place the file(s) and the system would undate the data from their.

nzld

Back