Another look at the GE Hybrid locomotive

We all notice it, but we're not sure what to do about it. Hybrids can give the best fuel efficiency, and the hope is that we'll save enough money to make the new batteries economically feasable.
And I thought they only last about 7 years. If they last 15, that counts as good news.
My daily driver is a 250cc mega-scooter. It gets tons better gas milage than the Volvo, and the headroom is incredible!

:cool: Claude

The biggest problem with owning one is 1. where you live and 2. how you drive. If you live in say, Tucson, Arizona and aren't much of a leadfoot than yes, they are an economical option. But if you live in Sierra Vista, Arizona where most everything is flat, than there is little need for braking, so in effect its just a waste. Its also worth figuring out cost vs. ownership duration, unless you own the car long enough its not going to save you any money in the long run. So far to do that with a Prius you'd be owning the car well into the next decade, and by then a good number of people will have traded it in at the dealership for something else.

Just my rant/2c

WileeCoyote:D

"Probably in-house at the London, Ontario manufacturing facility."

Actually,
If I am correct,the GE plant is in Erie PA and I believe that the test track is in that location.

Back