And so it goes.... Suitable wagon / product list?

Ghost42

I remember way back when there was a list of suitable combinations. Some products *seem* to fit a particular vehicle/wagon/car but M.I.N just does not like it.
There is a multitude of excellent wagons out there and it will save me some time if someone could point me to a guide. Thanks.

I'm going to assume you're interested in UK stock. Probably a large number of the wagons and vans are mine or reskins of my meshes. I'm not aware of any guide as to which can carry which products. I think the easiest way would be to add the product to the config.txt file of the wagon so clone the wagon first then play. Some of my wagons, those that are set up for carrying barrels have more than twenty attachment points. For a visible load you need to associate the product queue with both the product and the attachment point.

I'm not sure what MIN is by the way.

Is there are particular product you're interested in? Remember trainz goes by kuid number not the description of the product. So the kuid numbers for the products have to be the same on the wagon, where you load and where you unload.

Cheerio John

Multiple Industry New (CDE variant)
Thanks for the wagon info, seems to be the way to go. I have lumber and paper roll to sort out, I'll check the kuid numbers.
Yes, I can see many wagons on the DLS.

MIN stands for Multi Industry New. Hardly “new” now, but the name stuck.

To the original question, I think the compatibility between product and railcar has something to do with the config tag “product-category”. I haven’t read the Wiki on this for a while, but I think the types of commodity a railcar or industry can handle are specified by the value of that tag.
There are only a few product-category kuids to choose from;

• <KUID:-3:10040> "Bulk Load" - Products of this category must supply a 'product-texture'.
  • <KUID:-3:10042> / <KUID:-25:1150> "Container"
  • <KUID:-3:10044> "Liquid Load"
  • <KUID:-3:10091> "Passenger"

Compatible products are those that have the same product-category and match the technical requirements for it. A rolling stock item may be able to pick up anything that falls under a product-category or be limited to one or a few products only (I presume these are specified by the allowed-products tag which appears in the Queues container of tge Industry or railcar).

I don’t think Content Manager can filter on fine details like product-category. It requires inspection of the configs.

Last edited:
Configuring freight cars is certainly a help.
Untill recently I would have the consists feeding industries whether they needed extra products or not, now that I have the Schedule Library involved it brings a little more thought as to what I am doing.
With the MINs I make mini-routes to check if the products needed to be stacked along Queue 1 or can be given their own individual queue for instance. (which they can).
I have found altering the products after the session has run can lead to problems and the MIN is best replaced.
I have not figured out how to make use of the 'waybills' yet.
Thanks all for the plentifull help.

Edit: and today's glitch was some queues not automatically added to each product also stalling consists. Hopefully now a quiet spell.....

Last edited:
Back