An issue with a passenger mesh

Pendolino

Cab mode weirdo
Hello all, I was testing a passenger coach for a friend and I noticed that the elbow of one of the passengers protrudes beyond the coach body (see image below).

All the points have been properly set at the same distance from the centerline and all other passengers behave normally. The issue, as a consequence, is not tied to the position of the a.sitpointXX points.

So far I have not investigated the geometry of the many meshes included in this asset, but I remember that a similar issue was also present in a previous passenger load (the only difference was that a leg, not an elbow, passed through the coach body.

Any ideas about how to solve this issue, besides a new version of the "Passengers" load? Thanks in advance for any tips/hints.

image-png-cf6f1e667b3160f18b798a372aadf8da.png

I wonder if that has to do with the width of the passenger. He's not obese but his elbows stick out causing them to protrude through the wall. It's too bad we can't fix which passenger sits where because it would be easy to test that by having a smaller passenger sit in that seat.

Traditionally the method is to move all the passenger attachment points inwards. The passenger set should fit a certain dimension but in practice they don't.

Cheerio John

All the points are in line, it's a problem with the 3D of the characters, the problem is that we don't know how many are made like this and protrude from the carriages, we really need a good update of the passengers.
image.png.285b87ea43f19bdf495706cff7832f39.png

All the points are in line, it's a problem with the 3D of the characters, the problem is that we don't know how many are made like this and protrude from the carriages, we really need a good update of the passengers.
image.png.285b87ea43f19bdf495706cff7832f39.png
Trust me moving the whole lot inwards was what I had to do to solve it. There are alternative passenger sets by the way some are better than others in this respect.

Cheerio John

Back