Amazing Pictures

David111767

30in and Rack Railway Guy
what are the best pics of trains? the worst?
POST THEM HERE!!!

here is mine:
98011172858400.jpg

I gotta post one of my pictures.

EBT #15 as shot in 1950
ebt10407012editcopy2afe8.jpg

and here it is in 2007 in the same exzact spot(ahhh i love photoshop :hehe: :p ;) )

ebt10407012editgv6.jpg

The thread is a nice idea but don't forget in any thread outside of the screenshots section you are restricted to a image size of 640x480 before you should use a link to the image.

Bill

The thread is a nice idea but don't forget in any thread outside of the screenshots section you are restricted to a image size of 640x480 before you should use a link to the image.

Bill

CoC says 800x600:eek: Most image programs or host sites will allow you to resize a pic to forum standards. 800x600 is not a bad size.

here are my two currently uploaded best:
http://pfreeman008.deviantart.com/art/NYC-Babbling-Brook-68478861
http://pfreeman008.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-over-Steel-31445903

my other stuff (most isn't trainz related) my DA page:
http://pfreeman008.deviantart.com/

peter

Edit: I should give a bit of history to my first pic. The Car is an Ex NYC observation car. It was recently (about a year or two ago) bought by ARTX (the Artrain) and is used as their office. The Car doesn't see much traveling now; as ARTX has a caboose they use for their mobile office. I currently don't know what the status is on this car as ARTX has decided to switch to using trucks sadly instead of the train. Which brings up the question: will they call themselves Artuck then?? You can go to the Ann Arbor ARTX siding and see the car there still.

Last edited:
That my friend is what happens when you buck up for a very nice SLR camera and suitable lenses, something I can only dream about at the moment.

I have a few pictures of fairly good quality, but nothing to match that PS-4, that shot just makes me drool.

pict8941wl0.jpg

An ERS Railways Class 66 pulls out of Bingerbrueck with an intermodal headed for the freight yards in Mainz-Bischofsheim.

pict89613ry2.jpg

Railion 155 246-2 barrels over the bridge connecting Bingerbrueck and Bingen (Rh) Bf with some electrics on for an overhaul facility in the Ruhr valley.

pict9686qr1.jpg

The Kriegslok. At one time the daily staple of the German war machine's logistics pipeline, not long later the bread and butter of many European railroads emerging from a period of bloody war, now a favorite machine of German steam buffs, heritage railroads and railroad museums alike.

img2650xj7.jpg

Wiesbaden's Hauptbahnhof (Hauptbahnhof to us is Grand Central XY to you) enjoys a rare moment of no long-distance traffic.

img2428fs5.jpg

One of the Frankfurt S-Bahn's innumerable 423's on its merry way to Niedernhausen, not far from Eppstein Bremthal

I hope this quenches a bit of your thirst for substandard railroad photography:p

WileeCoyote:D

Last edited:
Nice thread, some great shots here already!

Here's a good one recently sent to me...

pg_365766548.jpg

Thanks to Tony Norley

~R~

Last edited:
Boy, somebody really wanted to get a train across that gorge. Great shot.

I think its more they messed up when making the tunnel and just decided instead of re-blasting it they'd just make a bridge.

mmmm can't wait to go to switzerland...

peter

Back