"Alberta Run" On the DLS Large pic's

tonyvdb

Long time train lover
Well with the old forum posts most likely lost forever I will post some screenshots of my route for forum members that may not have seen or heard of it.
Clicking on my banner at the bottom of this post will take you to my website with lots of other screenshots and more info.

CN freight running gist East of Edmonton, Alberta
album1011001.jpg

Light Rail Transit, Streetcar and Fraight passing over North Saskatchewan River Downtown Edmonton
album1009001.jpg

West Of Calgary Alberta
album1022001.jpg

Can't wait...

Well I'm at work now so will have to wait till the weekend to download this one.... looks very good....

Thanks for the compliments, Im working on a drivable highway between Jasper and Banff Alberta (hwy 95) including the Columbia Icefields parkway. That I will add the the route when finished.

Looks like something kitbashed from elevated rail, standard road, and one of the Marias Pass bridges.

Thanks guys,

@ K4driver, If your talking about the picture with the citys downtown in the background and the high rail bridge and road underneath Its a combination of two bridges put together I don't remember the KUIDs off hand.

@e x-railwayman, I do have a building in its place that sort of looks like it but no I still have to build one and my G-Max skills are rough at best.

Im soon going to be uploading a new much larger vision of the route to my website and the DLS (should be by Christmas) I will post here when its up.

Ok, Here it is. I finally finished my new updated route however I cant remember how to go about uploading it to the DLS. I saved the CDP of the route but at 64mb its to large for me to host the file on my own website :( so the only way I can get it to all of you is through the DLS. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can upload it to the DLS again.

The route is about twice the size it was before and is somewhat fictional in nature as I looped the line back up to Jasper Alberta through the mountains so that it can be run any direction without using portholes. So I am calling it a semi-prototypical route.
I included the Loop that was built about 50 years ago that tunnels through a mountain and changes about 1000ft of elevation I cant remember the name of the loop but its somewhere north west of Banff Alberta and was an engineering feet of its time as its one of only a few in the world like it.

Here is four screenshots from the new section.

album1010001.jpg

album1008001.jpg

album1021001.jpg

album1026001.jpg

Ok, The updated version of "Alberta Run" is now available on the DLS It was approved early this Morning.
This route now takes at least 20hrs to explore all the rail line and has to offer many gradient changes plus includes lots of variety. See my website below for photos and other items.

Back