Accounts, Passwords and Trainz Websites.

targanon

Targ (Chris)
Well I've absent for a while now ... and have been following the progress of TANE, with enthusiasm.

Ok so last night after waiting, a reasonable, amount of time fpor the rush to be over I finally set to getting my hands on TANE.

To be faced with my first stumbling block, The Simulator CEntral Website, and the associated Logins FAILED! (even after reseting the password) 4 hours later I was in...

Purchase Deluxe Edition was going for Boxed but decided I would like to have a look before I head away for work.

8 hours of downloading the File.. so I work night and by this time I getting very tied..Sleep...

I wake thinking WOOT go install and take a look at TANE.

Ok so I was wrong the file is corrupt.. No biggy that happens from time to time so start again, and again its corrupt. so I head on over to the support section of Simulator Central. and again my password does not work, it seems the support ticketing system is provided by a third party.

Ok! so I head on to the Forums perhaps somebody else has an answer or experienced the same problems and has shared a fix..

Yep Quite a few actually it would seem. So I go to reply and find again my login is not excepted.. Yet another Service provided by yet another Provider. With new passwords and account names.

so after finally getting access to the forums and a reset password I will never come close remembering.. I go looking to change it to the same as the rest of TANE sites i've been to in the last 24 hours.
to find I have to go to yet another site to change the password.. only to find that that site is being or has been replace by another site.. and non of my loggins work!

SO as of now I have PAID for a product that does not work and on repeated downloads for various mirrors, a ticketing system I cannot access, multiple websites, I'm still not able to use the product I Purchased I leave for work in another state on sunday morning its now Saturday afternoon.

I really should have got the boxed version.. but it seems that if the above events are an indication of the professionalism of N3V games, I would make a guess that the BOxed products that have supposedly been shipped will get lost in the mail or will miraculously have a missing CD or Key or require a patch to get them to work, and the patch will corrupt the existing Files.. rendering them useless.

But that's just my view right now ...

I guess I go play some else for the last hour before its time to get on the TANE..

Last edited:
It's not quite as difficult as you made it out to be, I think. :)

The password can't have nun-alphanumeric characters which I found out the hard way and ended up getting confused one day myself that no longer worked after using the same password for a decade.

I figured it out though...

I then changed it on Simulator Central which changed it on MyTrainz (formerly Planet Auran, which you probably remember). This finally synchronized and I could then purchase something on Simulator Central and then login the forums here.

The helpdesk system is still hosted internally at N3V, however, they use that gawd awful software! This will use the same username and password you have setup in Simulator Central, My Trainz, and the forums.

------

Regarding your downloads...

Try a download manager of some kind. File Download Manager Plus is one of them. I think that's what it's called. There are others too which someone else will remember for me. Download Genie or something like it, I think.
You could also try another server too. There are multiple download locations. Try one that's closest to your location. I also waited until people went to bed and I downloaded mine overnight here in the US. I actually waited about 10 minutes for the download to complete. Our ISP and cable provider is pretty good most of the time.

Once the file is downloaded, and the birds come out to sing..., you need to extract the files before installing. Don't try to run the setup.exe from within the archive as that can cause problems. Instead extract the content using 7zip or even Windows Explorer to a folder.

The product takes a long time to unpack the files and install. I started mine up and brought my mom to a doctor's appointment. When I came back I finished off the installation, setup of login information, just like in TS12 but in a different place, and I was up and running.

John

thanks for all that

the password thing is still on going... after now a couple of days..

the Download however the last one for the last mirror seemed to do the trick..

always the last one..

no a big fan of DL managers...

just another thing to go wrong..

anyways had a bit of a look was left a little flat until I check the settings found that they are set to a rather modest settings by default..

WAs thinking TS12 with better mats..

once I turned them up to well a rather meaty settings. mostly Ultra and 13000 view distance.. things got much better..

SO I then thought wonder if my all route would work it does sort of ..
needs some touching up for TANE only problem is I no longer have the developement files... :-(

At least you made some progress. The passwords should be the same as the one here, hopefully it is... You might have to contact the helpdesk via that link above... (cringing...) and see if they can help. Zec and Brenton usually manage the helpdesk these days, sometimes Felix steps in too. Yes, these guys all work right there at their office on the Gold Coast. :)

I'm glad you got T:ANE installed and up and running. I'm importing my content now and I'll see what I've got to sort out. I have about 50% more of a database build to go...

John

Thanks John.. I'm off to the other side of QLD lol north west ... for work..

I get to do IRL what I was doing in trainz, well kinda I'm crafting an airport from nothing.... hands on....

anyway know how I can fix my route as I don't have the build files anymore..

Back