A quick note on national railway arguments...

I've noticed recently that, particularly in the "Ugly Trains" threads, there are a lot of arguments going on about which country has the best trains - mostly UK and US comparisons, and mostly by the same group of fairly new members - though a few more seasoned names have been spotted.

While I accept that most of these members are new to the forums, and haven't quite got the "Groove" of how things work around here, but I'd like to make a quick request:

Can you all just agree to disagree?

Please, just accept that all of these locos are perfectly fit for their purpose, and stop throwing around "$crew the Big Boy" or "Scrap that tea-kettle Mallard" comments. All it's doing is causing displeasure.

Also, don't make comments on subjects that you don't know about, unless you seriously wish to know about them.

I would recommend the closure of the Ugly Trains thread, as it seems to bring nothing but argument, but I won't go that far. Yet.

Happy Trainzing!

Chris :wave:

I've noticed recently that, particularly in the "Ugly Trains" threads, there are a lot of arguments going on about which country has the best trains - mostly UK and US comparisons, and mostly by the same group of fairly new members - though a few more seasoned names have been spotted.

While I accept that most of these members are new to the forums, and haven't quite got the "Groove" of how things work around here, but I'd like to make a quick request:

Please, just accept that all of these locos are perfectly fit for their purpose, and stop throwing around "$crew the Big Boy" or "Scrap that tea-kettle Mallard" comments. All it's doing is causing displeasure.

Also, don't make comments on subjects that you don't know about, unless you seriously wish to know about them.

I would recommend the closure of the Ugly Trains thread, as it seems to bring nothing but argument, but I won't go that far. Yet.

Happy Trainzing!

I agree, and I know I'm guilty, but if both sides don't agree to stop, I'm not going to be the one that allows people to stomp all over what I love.

No, I'm not particularly fond of British trains in general, there's some cool ones and all but they just don't do it for me. Maybe they do for the next guy, and that's fine with me, as long as he doesn't try to force it on me.

I'm with you Chris. It's like a playground argument.

"My da could beat your da."

"No, my da is harder than your da so he'd beat him."

"Well, I'm going to get my uncle on you and your da."

And all were talking about is trains! There are some nice looking Mercan locos and some nice looking UK locos. Strangely enough, there are also some stinking looking Mercan locos and some stinking looking UK locos. Imagine.

I think we like what we are used to seeing and foreign locos look odd in comparison. Either way, there's no need for everyone to be throwing their toys from the pram and having a big argument about it. I've got more important things in life to worry about than someone calling a collection of metal pieces, put together to perform a specific function, a tea kettle or anything else.

I fully agree too.

I have been in a few arguments (mainly with members who do not understand that what they are doing is wrong...). Although, I naturally argue whenever it suits me. :p

No! Bring on the competition! Through arguing who knows the ugliest loco, these forums will surely thrive!!!

No other way about it.

The winner gets several broadbeans. SEVERAL!!!

I didn't realize an immigrant recruiting company needed any locos, but I guess I've been proved wrong...

http://www.mercanrecruit.com/

Ah yes. There was a comic strip here featuring George Dubya and he always referred to the 'Mercan people or Yoonited States of 'Merca. My excuse is I'm being lazy by not typing an extra 3 letters to make it American. My bad. Hehe.

I fully agree. I fully admit my part in this mess (i created one of the threads) but i'm with sim train too. I don't want to fight, but i'm not going to sit there and let the country and the engines i love get trashed. But the fact is (as i've stated in the thread i started) America and Britian have such different railway systems that it's next to impossible to compare. There's no point in this useless "Mine is bigger/faster/better than yours" talk. Can't i just run my steamers and have a bit of a joke? I feel like the fighting here is pointless. It's wrecking the sanctity of the forums i always felt existed. This is a place for those of us who use and love trains and trainz to come and share information, models, and just general fun with the game. I LOVE british trains, don't get me wrong (like that matters much) and i hate that we have to go at odds. The people involved in this are headed for a ban, and that's the simple fact of the matter. I fully pledge from now on to take the swiss' line from now on. I bow out. If you want to keep fighting, that's your perogative. I just wish you could reach some christmas truce.

Happy Trainzing!

On the big scale of things is it really important? Trainz is a broad church and you have to accept that many of the posters are from the "I want it now and I'll scream until I get it" generation.
The simple way round it is to read the OP and if they have posted about 15 times and you don't like the cut of their jib, move on......

Thank you for saying something about this Chris.

I too was one such who participated, and I now regret it. The fact is, I had the same view as Sawyer. I couldn't stand my country and my favorite trains getting smacked, especially my favorite engine. I too vow not to go on arguing.

I fully agree. I fully admit my part in this mess (i created one of the threads) but i'm with sim train too. I don't want to fight, but i'm not going to sit there and let the country and the engines i love get trashed. But the fact is (as i've stated in the thread i started) America and Britian have such different railway systems that it's next to impossible to compare. There's no point in this useless "Mine is bigger/faster/better than yours" talk. Can't i just run my steamers and have a bit of a joke? I feel like the fighting here is pointless. It's wrecking the sanctity of the forums i always felt existed. This is a place for those of us who use and love trains and trainz to come and share information, models, and just general fun with the game. I LOVE british trains, don't get me wrong (like that matters much) and i hate that we have to go at odds. The people involved in this are headed for a ban, and that's the simple fact of the matter. I fully pledge from now on to take the swiss' line from now on. I bow out. If you want to keep fighting, that's your perogative. I just wish you could reach some christmas truce.

Apparently the n00bs believe otherwise. Personally I find it way more fun criticizing their lack of spell checks and missing words, anyway.

I am sorry

Hi everyone I will admit to the part i have played in that 'Great train war' You americans have some great trains such as your Metro-North M7's and your gawd-dammnd good Acela. I know because I went on it last week. Let's stop fighting about who makes the best trains. We all make equally good trains (well except the Big Boy and the BR class 89 which I am attaching)

Regards Uracco

Last edited:
I like ugly Europen trains, eqully as well as ugly US trains ... except for the BL2 ... man, are they hideous :hehe:

Can we ban this clown. Where does he get off insulting the BL2?

And yes, while I was part of it, I do agree that it is annoying. I view it as a matter of preference.

Yes, I was involved in it, but really, I was just trying to show a fair comparison, as well as some variety.

And yes, while I was part of it, I do agree that it is annoying. I view it as a matter of preference.

Yes, I was involved in it, but really, I was just trying to show a fair comparison, as well as some variety.

You are becoming a part of it again. This thread is now heading towards a slagfest which is exactly what it is not about!

Back