A new Driver command (drive to top of platform) ?

I have noticed all the various drive to, navigate to and load at driver command have 1 thing in common - the train drives to the start of the station platforms, then proceeds to drive slowly along the platform until it reaches the top, stops and loads. Is there a possibility of a new rule which does the opposite and drive to the very top of the platform then load. In real operations the train decelerates towards the stopping point not the start of the station. Many of the stations in my route are 250 meters long and it takes an eternity for the train to drive up the platforms. I have tried to use track marks and open door commands as a workaround but encountered a number of bugs and didn't work out well after alot of testing. I wonder if this new rule could be created by N3V for the release of Trainz a New Era?

The reason that happens is due to N3V's in-game scripts. Try Bloodnok's stations though as a workaround though.

Shane

As it is a in-game script N3V could possibly change it in an upcoming product. Probably a little late to suggest for T:ANE?

Thank You Shane :)

Hi Edmund,

A temporary workaround would be to place a trackmark at each end of the platform (eg. Someville 1 NB, Someville 1 SB) and have your AI driver "Drive To Trackmark" instead of "Drive To > Someville 1".

All trains will load when stopped at an interactive industry, including stations. The Load command is actually unnecessary.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Back