8F Vac pipes became faulty

Several locos, and items of rolling stock have started to show faulty dependencies. The dependencies show the following error message:-

Alias mesh 'high_vac_coupled_loco_8f.lm.txt' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:44090:58000> (<kuid:44090:58300>)

The specific kuid items are: 44090:700/701/702/703:3 by Paul Hobbs

I am completely stumped by this, and have no idea what to do. Specifically the recently added Ivatt 2MT locos, which were running perfectly, are now showing as modified, faulty dependencies. Other PLL assets are similarly affected, including LMS coaches. Also Skipper45's rebuilt Merchant Navy.

The problem is only occurring in TANE - (which runs perfectly on the iMac), As far as I can see, all is still fine in T2Mac.

Other than this, I have experienced no difficulties with TANE Mac, and have committed to go with it, and have converted my route successfully.

Any help would be really appreciated, or a pointer to a source for help.
Thanks
Ian

It is in the Mesh Library 44090:58300 that the problem actually arises that was uploaded on 7 Aug. It has some txt files missing. The high_vac_coupled and high_vac_idle and also the screw_coupler_coupled and screw_coupler_idle txt files from memory. I replaced these files with my TS12 version and have it working again. If you don't have access to those files, I may be able to put them on a server so you can download them and add them to your current folder. Or better still, hopefully whoever updated the asset can update it again and include all the necessary files in order for it to work so no one has to modify it to make it work.
Cheers.
Ian (another one)

Thanks for that Ian. I was beginning to think it was something I'd done!
if nothing happens over the next few days, I would be most grateful if could post a link for me, as you suggest.
best wishes
Ian

Sorry about that, I updated the library to remove the warnings that TS12 gives about using LOD on items that don't have animations. I didn't spot the problem because most of my assets access the *.im files directly instead og via the *.lm.txt files. Instead of fixing things yourself it's far better just to tell the author to avoid having hundreds of people performing the same fixes - luckily in this case a German user PMed me to tell me about it.

44090:58300:1 is on the DLS now to fix it.

Here is a link to my kuid list on Google Drive, some of my latest models can be downloaded from the links including the mesh library:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z1PnRdvqFx2PXFxBpuyuYjiqLukJxp4-GlkpKZdprl8/edit?usp=sharing

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul
Thank you for your quick response. Being fairly new, I wasn't sure about the protocol for PMs.
I downloaded from your list, and all is now well!

Whilst on, is there a way I can use my S & C A3 in TANE yet? or in prospect?
Thanks again

Ian H

Sorry about that, I updated the library to remove the warnings that TS12 gives about using LOD on items that don't have animations. I didn't spot the problem because most of my assets access the *.im files directly instead og via the *.lm.txt files. Instead of fixing things yourself it's far better just to tell the author to avoid having hundreds of people performing the same fixes - luckily in this case a German user PMed me to tell me about it.

44090:58300:1 is on the DLS now to fix it.

Here is a link to my kuid list on Google Drive, some of my latest models can be downloaded from the links including the mesh library:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z1PnRdvqFx2PXFxBpuyuYjiqLukJxp4-GlkpKZdprl8/edit?usp=sharing

Paul
Hi Paul, sorry, I don't usually PM the author, especially the more established ones such as yourself. I tend to think they are getting PM'ed constantly with asset requests and things and get sick of PM's in their inbox. In fact I think there are a few on here that don't accept PM's anymore due to the requests etc.

In future I will keep in mind you are open to PM's regarding asset errors should there be any more. Thank you for the prompt fix and a personal thank you for making much of your work available, it is among the best there is.
Cheers
Ian

Back