2022 Content

Regarding Transdem,
if you have a licence, contact geophile and I’m sure he’ll help.
the latest version will produce files that load into TS22 - this may be a paid upgrade from old versions.

Yes, he wants like $6 or $7.00 to renew. Not bad for what his program is capable of!
Problem now is I am still having trouble deciding on the purchase of TRS2022. I have only found 350 items of DLC for that release. Far less than the 70,000 additional free locos, freight & passenger cars listed as DLC on Steam!![FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

The numbers listed by the marketing department include all assets on the Download Station regardless of which version they were made for. For example, a locomotive made for TS12 should if it was correctly made load into TRS22 without error. But there is no guarantee as to diversity of locomotive types you will find on the DLS. There are many examples of reskins of certain models while even a single example of many common locomotives are completely lacking.

IMHO, TRS19 SP5 and TRS22 include many of the same features. TRS22 "seems" to run a bit smoother for me but that is a purely subjective observation. TRS22 does include many high quality built-in assets that are not included in TRS19.

The numbers listed by the marketing department include all assets on the Download Station regardless of which version they were made for. For example, a locomotive made for TS12 should if it was correctly made load into TRS22 without error. But there is no guarantee as to diversity of locomotive types you will find on the DLS. There are many examples of reskins of certain models while even a single example of many common locomotives are completely lacking.

IMHO, TRS19 SP5 and TRS22 include many of the same features. TRS22 "seems" to run a bit smoother for me but that is a purely subjective observation. TRS22 does include many high quality built-in assets that are not included in TRS19.

Thanks, I think I am going to join their monthly membership on this one. Thus , I can test the system and find out if it is what I am looking for. Back when I was using TRS12 I was creating my own content, but that was some time ago, and I would need to refresh everything from blender, Photoshop, TransDem, USGS mapping, and much more to use my own content. I remember the huge learning curve when I started with 2009 then 2012 got even harder. Don't know if my age can handle the stress anymore. LOL

Thanks again for your input.

Hi,
in the settings for TS22 there is “compatibility mode” - it’s recommended to leave it ON.
Most of the rolling stock, and industries from previous versions will import and function. Speedtreez don’t, some track is problematic.
as you say, a TRS2006 loco won’t look good in TS22, but TANE onwards is usually ok (depends on the creator!).

The only thing I can think of is that all the content from TRS2006 thru TRS2019 is compatible with TRS2022. And I can't see that, since the graphics from 2006 DLC most likely would not be compatible to the new operating system. Lower poly models, textures were not too good either in 2009. I could not see using DLC from 2009 on a new release 14 years later!
Well, that's what they're counting, total DLS items. You may not be able to see using them, many others are in the same camp, but N3V shows no indication of moving out of the stone age. They love touting how many worthless (in modern times, no offense to the creators) assets are available to you. Even currently they seem to let anyone post anything to the DLS as long as the items pass the validations, the majority of which look worse than anything you'd expect to see in 2012. You have to remember, outside of a few assets here and there N3V doesn't actually make the content themselves. User submitted content of vastly varying quality is what they promote.

Are you confusing DLC with DLS? The DLS is what you see in the content manager and DLC is in the content store and comes under the heading payware when installed. TRS22 comes with some DLC routes as free to install as part of the purchase. Other DLC content can be purchased. If you take a gold subscription you get access to all DLC content free during the subscription period. The DLS is the online download station server from N3V.

Trainz 22 is the one that is currently supported and getting bug fixes. Better sound for windows users. Compressed routes, routes takes up less space and thus less time to load. Once HD Terrain is out Trainz 22(retail) will be able to run HD Terrain routes while Trains Plus(subscription) will be available to run and create routes with HD Terrain. Trainz 19 won’t be able to run or edit HD Terrain routes.

Trainz Plus has surveyor 2, which will never come to Trainz 19.

Last edited:
Back